Track and Trace app poll

Will you be downloading the Track and Trace app?

• Yes I'll download it

Votes: 104 30.9%
  • No I won't

Votes: 176 52.2%
  • Undecided as yet

Votes: 57 16.9%

• Total voters

So they expect us to download an app to trace our movements whilst they lie about their own. Fuck off.
Aye they'll have certainly lost the confidence of some people who would have used it. The test, track and trace could possibly suffer a bit now due to a lower uptake of the app.

The manual tracing will also be hard due to some people who won't be truthful in their movements. People aren't going to say they've been somewhere for fear of actions against them if they've been somewhere they shouldn't.

Example being, Cummings allegedly going to Barnard Castle and being next to people for a prolonged period of time. He wouldn't admit where he'd been if he had to be tested, tracked and traced.

I bet this poll won't get the same results as one I asked before with only 15% saying no which was 34 out of 228. In the old poll 69% would as long as it was private with another 16% possibles.

:edit: There's already 39 saying now out of 64 votes in this poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted yes but undecided. A track and trace is never going to work if those with symptoms are allowed to use their own judgement and travel to different areas.

Thought it was a good idea a month ago but with this country being shite at everything, especially handling this pandemic, I think it will make fuck all difference.
Same here.

While we have people just doing as they please all over, getting too close to you while you are trying to keep a distance, not isolating when they should, then it'll just be another expensive waste of time.

Any system like this is reliant on its users; sadly the British public have only confirmed how useless they are as a whole when expected to do something.

They can just about stand 2m apart outside a shop, with the help of tape on the ground.

Go inside and the desire to find what they want makes them ignore the directional arrows.

People in the main are just stupid and ignorant. The user base for this app wouldn't be smart, able or attentive enough to make it work.

Can’t see an alternative. We all need to play a part in getting rid of it. Not sure the “the I don’t trust the government” line stacks up that well against wanting to get rid of the virus and potentially saving lives. Government are free to track my movements if they like, it’s pretty dull information.
Unless they announced something today that I’ve missed. Poll result is strange otherwise.

this for me too - people are constantly posting we can’t do things, send kids back to school, go to work etc... till track n trace is in place - but they don’t want to be tracked

Absolutely yes, anyone saying no to this, should fuck off to the USA, you'll be in good company, they may even welcome you with a few friendly coughs in your face.

I've gone from "definitely, unless there was clear evidence it was unsafe", to "not sure, struggle to trust these people with anything."
I’ve gone from definitely to begrudgingly. I’ll still use it because I believe it’s the right thing to do but I’ll want some significant assurances about privacy. It’s no surprise the results to this poll are very different to the last one on the subject.

I’ve gone from definitely to begrudgingly. I’ll still use it because I believe it’s the right thing to do but I’ll want some significant assurances about privacy. It’s no surprise the results to this poll are very different to the last one on the subject.
Yeah that was very much why I thought it worth asking again.

Definitely. It's our best chance of getting back to some kind of normal but relies on a decent uptake.
I couldn't give a shit if the government know where I have been (half the apps on my phone know already).

Bizarre results. People in the no camp giving nonsense reasons not to use it IMO.

Do you want to take part in something that may help the country return to some sense of normality?

That's a total no brainer for me.
Given the change from last time, I guess it just shows how much the conduct of those in charge can cause behaviours to change. A point made by a number of members of the government's own behavioural science group after that press conference yesterday. They shouldn't and can't be surprised by that reaction - it's literally human nature.

Given the change from last time, I guess it just shows how much the conduct of those in charge can cause behaviours to change. A point made by a number of members of the government's own behavioural science group after that press conference yesterday. They shouldn't and can't be surprised by that reaction - it's literally human nature.

What I posted was human nature. Doing a relatively easy thing that is helping people avoid death.

Spitting your dummy out is the behaviour of a small child.

What I posted was human nature. Doing a relatively easy thing that is helping people avoid death.

Both are human nature. That's why the government have these behavioural scientists involved. See the difference between the poll now and that of a few weeks ago.

It's what happens when those in charge lose the trust of those they are supposed to be leading. Any fool would know this and quite a few behavioural scientists too. Watch how the rate of people sticking two fingers up to the lockdown rules increases. All the good achieved by people will be undone because Cummings has been seen to not only get away with but be held up as an example of a proper father for breaking the rules

Back