Tour de France 2022

I had the 2nd stage of the women's tour on this afternoon while WFH and saw the below in real time. Not surprisingly, I did do a sharp intake of breath.

Yeah I was watching too. The 2nd lass who went down the embankment into the field seemed oblivious to where she was. Check the footage from about 15 seconds in looks like she is wandering off into the field. Looks like she may have lost her crash helmet so perhaps she was concussed ?

Yeah I was watching too. The 2nd lass who went down the embankment into the field seemed oblivious to where she was. Check the footage from about 15 seconds in looks like she is wandering off into the field. Looks like she may have lost her crash helmet so perhaps she was concussed ?
Concussion not taken seriously enough in cycling…all too often they jump back on a bike and tear off again. Putting themselves and others in danger.

Concussion not taken seriously enough in cycling…all too often they jump back on a bike and tear off again. Putting themselves and others in danger.
It shouldn't ever be an issue but the issue they always bring up is that you can't hold a rider back 10/15 minutes to check, id happily let a doctor drive a rider back to the peloton of they checked them over. Some of the stupid scenes we've seen where they are clearly messed up but teams throw them back on.

On a side note womens cycling is much more exciting than men's, it seems like the women's teams are just mental and always attack.

I watched the closing stages yesterday. Quite ridiculous to see AVV having to change her bike 4 times and still motor up Le Super Planche and finish well ahead of 2nd. Mind, I suppose Vollering can take heart that she'll not have much competition in the mountains once van Vleuten retires next year.

Back