TOTP 1984

Is the new order performance terrible and one of the reasons they didn’t like acts doing it live
No it wasn’t that bad, I’ve seen worse by them.
Having lived through it, I’m just grateful that the popular music of the time was so bad it made me seek out better stuff.
If you thought the music of that era was bad it must have gettin far worse for you through the years. Btw what was the better stuff you sought out ?
Cloth ears

Last edited:
OMD - dreadful, always were. Human leagues edgy song doesn’t justify the crap dancing from the girls. Blancmange- sounded the same as living on the ceiling. The reflex by Duran Duran - whining le Bon . New order - nice bass line but terrible vocals and tinnitus inducing keyboards.

OMD - dreadful, always were. Human leagues edgy song doesn’t justify the crap dancing from the girls. Blancmange- sounded the same as living on the ceiling. The reflex by Duran Duran - whining le Bon . New order - nice bass line but terrible vocals and tinnitus inducing keyboards.
Did you watch it ?
Similar to your original then. I wanted to ensure you understood.
Haway then, enlighten me with your choice/taste in music.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen them dance in time to the song they're singing.

No it wasn’t that bad, I’ve seen worse by them.

If you thought the music of that era was bad it must have gettin far worse for you through the years. Btw what was the better stuff you sought out ?

Cloth ears
Oh it was shocking mate, 95% of 80s stuff was f***ing dire. Shite like stock aitken and waterman proliferated. Cheesy synth driven forgotten in a moment nonsense music was the mainstay of the decade.
That line up you’ve quoted, bands like New Order and The Cure were pretty much “alternative” music back then.

Anything not crap by from that time then?

Back