Total Sport

Lump it up to him constantly, his plan was obvious at Wycombe.

Parkinson hasn’t just been lumping it forward though. We are getting the ball forward quicker but to be fair to him it’s not just hoof ball. Someone of Wykes build and stature should be Taylor made for competing with the opposing centre half’s so that our midfield or supporting forwards can pick up the pieces. He should also be a bigger threat given the increase in balls played into the box under Parkinson. If Wyke has the ability to be effective is the issue but I certainly wouldn’t be against a big strong centre forward doing an old fashioned centre forwards job in this league.

Hopefully they get a better fan in the studio next time this fella in tonight sounds like a right arsehole. Anyone off here I wonder
His closing speech :lol: said something like I don't have a go at players like the keyboard warriors, I just don't think they're good enough. Had a right bee in his bonnet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parkinson hasn’t just been lumping it forward though. We are getting the ball forward quicker but to be fair to him it’s not just hoof ball. Someone of Wykes build and stature should be Taylor made for competing with the opposing centre half’s so that our midfield or supporting forwards can pick up the pieces. He should also be a bigger threat given the increase in balls played into the box under Parkinson. If Wyke has the ability to be effective is the issue but I certainly wouldn’t be against a big strong centre forward doing an old fashioned centre forwards job in this league.
I was pissed off listening to roker report podcast this week. They were on about the number of decent crosses v Southend and saying thats not really Griggs game (what? Scoring? - what exactly is his fecking game).
Anyway as I said at the match Wyke would have bundles 1 or 2 in. Ive had a bellyfull of Grigg.

I was pissed off listening to roker report podcast this week. They were on about the number of decent crosses v Southend and saying thats not really Griggs game (what? Scoring? - what exactly is his fecking game).
Anyway as I said at the match Wyke would have bundles 1 or 2 in. Ive had a bellyfull of Grigg.
I have watched Grigg closely and though that last year he was feeding off scraps as we created little in the way of chances. However, under PP, we are getting the ball into the box more and this is where I’ve become frustrated with Grigg. I commented at the last game that he never anticipated anything, he doesn’t ever get in front of his defender and he never makes a run to the front stick. This is stuff that schoolboy centreforwards get told to do. I honestly can’t see how he’s got such a good record at this level if this is the way he plays

It seems a long list of excuses for Grigg. I agree what actually is his game standing about waiting for the ball to come to him seems to be the pattern from a lot of games

I have watched Grigg closely and though that last year he was feeding off scraps as we created little in the way of chances. However, under PP, we are getting the ball into the box more and this is where I’ve become frustrated with Grigg. I commented at the last game that he never anticipated anything, he doesn’t ever get in front of his defender and he never makes a run to the front stick. This is stuff that schoolboy centreforwards get told to do. I honestly can’t see how he’s got such a good record at this level if this is the way he plays

agree.
Think the podcast refered to him running off the last man plus front post tap ins etc.
Hadaway n shite.
Some of the balls just needed any sort of touch but hes too much a lazy bastard.

Is this the same fecking bloke?

Last edited:

Back