Top Gear - New Series Starts Tonight

Caught the last 20 mins, not bad. But not easy to judge when they did the "epic road trip" for the first episode, those are always cracking.

Problem is, its all been done, multiple times, before. Original New Top Gear suffered terribly towards the end as they had almost no new ideas. This iteration doesn't have much of a chance really. It should have been retired when the original lot left.

Caught the last 20 mins, not bad. But not easy to judge when they did the "epic road trip" for the first episode, those are always cracking.

Problem is, its all been done, multiple times, before. Original New Top Gear suffered terribly towards the end as they had almost no new ideas. This iteration doesn't have much of a chance really. It should have been retired when the original lot left.
Have to agree that it is the same and has been for years. But, like I said the hosts are likeable and that makes it watchable for me. Its easy TV before the hard grind if hand maids tale.

Never watched the last couple of reboots

Have to agree that it is the same and has been for years. But, like I said the hosts are likeable and that makes it watchable for me. Its easy TV before the hard grind if hand maids tale.
Never watched the last couple of reboots
Hand Maid's tale really is a grind, I'm with you there. The missus loves it, but I make her watch loads of other telly, so I can't complain!

Thought it was class. Better than any of the Le Blanc or Evans era episodes.

The missus normally hates it regardless of who is presenting but she really enjoyed it too.
I think Paddy seems to hold it together from a TV professional stand point, with Freddie being a gigantic everyman type but also bluntly northern and naturally funny. With them in tandem I honestly fear for Chris Harris. :lol:

Last edited:

Never gonna happen, too big an earner for the beeb

Back