Tony Mowbray - Undergoing treatment

The man who made me enjoy football again. I had forgot I watched it for entertainment. A Genuine football and family man. Speedy recovery Mogga and good health to you any your family for the future.
Absolutely this. Mowbray did a fantastic job in reality under difficult circumstances and, like you, rekindled my love for Sunderland and football in general by taking us to within a shout of the Premier League against all odds.

Whilst I agree that we were not great towards the end of his tenure and some of his substitutions in particular had been baffling, I didn't expect him to be dismissed. He had been dealt a poor hand with strikers too so the sporting director and head of recruitment should have been looking at themselves really.

Likeable man is Tony but unfortunately he'd stopped toeing the party line and went against the model - no way back after that.

There are, however, more important things in life than football such as health and family and I genuinely wish him well in his recovery.

Absolutely this. Mowbray did a fantastic job in reality under difficult circumstances and, like you, rekindled my love for Sunderland and football in general by taking us to within a shout of the Premier League against all odds.

Whilst I agree that we were not great towards the end of his tenure and some of his substitutions in particular had been baffling, I didn't expect him to be dismissed. He had been dealt a poor hand with strikers too so the sporting director and head of recruitment should have been looking at themselves really.

Likeable man is Tony but unfortunately he'd stopped toeing the party line and went against the model - no way back after that.

There are, however, more important things in life than football such as health and family and I genuinely wish him well in his recovery.
Exactly how I felt. I don't argue with those who felt his time was up, there was a slide in progress. For me though he'd earned the season in full and I wasn't expecting him to be out either when he was.

Clearly a top bloke, he quickly got the supporters onside (many of which including myself weren't that excited when he was appointed), he got the players onside, and it's not often we have an ex-manager with an almost universal love and respect from the region after he's gone. That says enough for me. He's done his time in the game and the stress and grief that brings, feet up and proper recovery in peace is the least he deserves.

This ..im sure if he comes out of this fine and dandy(as is everybody's hopes) he will want to discuss it to help others as he is that sort of bloke ...Untill then lets leave him ,his family in peace and wish him well with his treatment and recovery but above all lets respect his privacy .We like the fella and wish him well and thats why were interested in the minutai of his condition but we really don@t need to know!

Last edited:
This ..im sure if he comes out of this fine and dandy(as is everybody's hopes) he will want to discuss it to help others as he is that sort of bloke ...Untill then lets leave him ,his family in peace and wish him well with his treatment and recovery but above all lets respect his privacy .We like the fella and wish him well and thats why were interested in the minutai of his condition but we really don@t need to know!
Well said marra

not true. we just got it wrong appointing Beale
mowbray was sacked for disagreeing with the model..
evwery sunderland fan disagrees with the model..
therefore every sunderland fan agrees with mowbray..
why would an SAFC fan want the guy they agree with fired?
Its even less logical than normal..

what pile of chod salmon pants.

Last edited:
That's funny then why come here full stop he can disagree all he wants he signed dack he left out Pritchard often enough

That's funny then why come here full stop he can disagree all he wants he signed dack he left out Pritchard often enough
exactly, mowbray knew the model when he agreed to come. Mowbray was sacked because the performances and results were shite towards the end . . just because we then sank lower with Beale doesn't all of a sudden make mowbray a Messiah again.

Back