Tony Davison vs Methven -

every footall club owner on earth buys the club for personal gain of one kid or aother..donald has said he lost £12m o his last football investment..and it would be great of he could make £12m on this one so he would end up neutral..at preset i dont think he will make a £12m profit..

ut its fans who emntion charlies accent background and clothes negatrivekly ..crituics who think its relevant..i dont thik sd wanted to levae after one year..i think he thought he could get a bunch of iother investors i..have a much smaller shareholding but keep running the club..
Missing the point again.
They (or you) failed in their (your) quest. To get us up in 2 seasons. The crowd have turned and it's now getting personal.
This stoppage has not helped but the majority on here will agree we weren't going up.
When CM started getting personal about Northerners open season began on him. I personally don't care how he speaks or dresses, but there has been far too much said and too many mistruths as to their intentions and strategy.
The documentary has opened all that up again. Many sensible fans are actually backing them after seeing it. It may give them some wiggle room.
Also after this stoppage apathy levels will be through the roof which will give them (you) more time should they wish to attempt promotion at 3rd time lucky.

Felt it was too focused on that rather than generating eachother business myself like.
Totally agree, don't think I have had any business from it.
It's a poor mans version of a decent business breakfast club.

However I have been well looked after on other things which makes a difference. Some good folk work there. Also if I get nothing else I will always remember end of last season when they had it on a Friday night in the Boardroom before Wembley final and most of staff and businesses where down London. We had the whole of the ground to ourselves to walk around and do as we pleased. Plus a free bar in the boardroom :lol: Tremendous night.

Totally agree, don't think I have had any business from it.
It's a poor mans version of a decent business breakfast club.

However I have been well looked after on other things which makes a difference. Some good folk work there. Also if I get nothing else I will always remember end of last season when they had it on a Friday night in the Boardroom before Wembley final and most of staff and businesses where down London. We had the whole of the ground to ourselves to walk around and do as we pleased. Plus a free bar in the boardroom :lol: Tremendous night.

My timing couldnt have been better like. Sharon gave me son some amazing gifts for his birthday then looked after any wembley needs twice.
Zero business like, not even a reply from safc themselves ffs.

every footall club owner on earth buys the club for personal gain of one kid or aother..donald has said he lost £12m o his last football investment..and it would be great of he could make £12m on this one so he would end up neutral..at preset i dont think he will make a £12m profit..

ut its fans who emntion charlies accent background and clothes negatrivekly ..crituics who think its relevant..i dont thik sd wanted to levae after one year..i think he thought he could get a bunch of iother investors i..have a much smaller shareholding but keep running the club..

True however often a better way of aligning the Supporters, the most important part and asset of any club.
Top of the league and everything gets conveniently forgotten. Sunderland don’t belong in the basement on paper but no club has that Devine right and promotion has to be earned. Some leadership qualities missing from the top mind you. You need to take the team with you.

My timing couldnt have been better like. Sharon gave me son some amazing gifts for his birthday then looked after any wembley needs twice.
Yep Sharon's a great lass. She was trying to get me to join the newly opened business lounge before she was furloughed. Not sure it's for me especially with a youngun .

piss off man, do us all a favour and go.

Yep Sharon's a great lass. She was trying to get me to join the newly opened business lounge before she was furloughed. Not sure it's for me especially with a youngun .
Sharon is great. Not sure the Business Club will survive if she is furloughed.
The Club should at least let you bid for work even if you don't get it. Probably another example of old staff not participating in trying to do the right thing. "One Club"?

Last edited:
I didn't get that at all. Methven seemed to be key to be fair, but because he went to Eton, wears chinos and told a few fans some home truths he's become a hate figure. He had everything spot on for what I've seen. Certainly not the problem character many had us believe he was.

This. People didnt and dont like hearing the truth. Methven was to the point, no f***ing about and isnt all nice to everyone and that can get peoples backs up but thats how business gets done. If anything STID2 has shown that the majority of staff behind the scenes were happy with being 2nd best and not many wanted to stand up, take responsibility and put things right.

This. People didnt and dont like hearing the truth. Methven was to the point, no f***ing about and isnt all nice to everyone and that can get peoples backs up but thats how business gets done. If anything STID2 has shown that the majority of staff behind the scenes were happy with being 2nd best and not many wanted to stand up, take responsibility and put things right.

No offence intended, but it had a public sector feel to the place based on the clips I saw, granted that's quite a generalisation, but I mean in how some assume the public sector to be.
gan where?

:lol: Your hour long exercise?

Last edited:
No offence intended, but it had a public sector feel to the place based on the clips I saw, granted that's quite a generalisation, but I mean in how some assume the public sector to be.

:lol: Your hour long exercise?
I get all the criticism of the backroom staff.
They looked demotivated and lacking inideas.

But you can't get away from the only reason for a football club existing.
Performances on the pitch had relegated that side twice in 12 months when those meetings were filmed. A club can do nothing but lose money when the team is so much shit.

Since the documentary came out people are overestimating the importance of social media / marketing people. When it's Moyes, Coleman, the other bloke, the players., Coton et al. Who need to take 95% of the blame for the state of the club when those two came in.

I get all the criticism of the backroom staff.
They looked demotivated and lacking inideas.

But you can't get away from the only reason for a football club existing.
Performances on the pitch had relegated that side twice in 12 months when those meetings were filmed. A club can do nothing but lose money when the team is so much shit.

Since the documentary came out people are overestimating the importance of social media / marketing people. When it's Moyes, Coleman, the other bloke, the players., Coton et al. Who need to take 95% of the blame for the state of the club when those two came in.
whilst all of that us of course true...if the backroom stuff is woeking properly..it makes it much easier for the football department to get it right (they would have much more cash to spend apart from anything else)

I didn't get that at all. Methven seemed to be key to be fair, but because he went to Eton, wears chinos and told a few fans some home truths he's become a hate figure. He had everything spot on for what I've seen. Certainly not the problem character many had us believe he was.
Absolutely. After the first episode when he did sound like just a boring old marketing man he then picked up and gave the impression that he was not only passionate but really with his finger on the pulse. Pleasantly surprised me.

whilst all of that us of course true...if the backroom stuff is woeking properly..it makes it much easier for the football department to get it right (they would have much more cash to spend apart from anything else)

Yes of course. But you will admit the importance of the two sides is much more weighted in the other direction.
We didn't get either right for a long time.

Last edited:
Yes of course. But you will admit the impirtance of the two sides is much more weighted in the other direction.
We didn't get either right for a long time.
no we didnt..and the problem then becomes..if the first side isnt right..the owenr who has been funding the football soide gets pissed off and stops fundig it..thats what happened with ellis..

no we didnt..and the problem then becomes..if the first side isnt right..the owenr who has been funding the football soide gets pissed off and stops fundig it..thats what happened with ellis..
But it was Ellis who appointed all those people.
Imagine almost 2 years after coming in SD and CM have their people in now and all will be ticking over perfectly on that side of things?
Oh no. Cos the team is still rubbish.

But it was Ellis who appointed all those people.
Imagine almost 2 years after coming in SD and CM have their people in now and all will be ticking over perfectly on that side of things?
Oh no. Cos the team is still rubbish.
well it is ticking over nicely on the comercial side..
they have appointed trusted leutu=enats who have worked with them in other businesses..

on the football side they have appointed the wrong people..

well it is ticking over nicely on the comercial side..
they have appointed trusted leutu=enats who have worked with them in other businesses..

on the football side they have appointed the wrong people..
Great look forward to them paying more attention to the far more important side.
Personnel on the pitch and the right people to get them through the door.

Think since the documentary came out the two of them (especially CM) have been getting too many plaudits due to some hard talking in the Marketing suites, when they've very obviously failed at what is the most important thing in a football club. The football.

Great look forward to them paying more attention to the far more important side.
Personnel on the pitch and the right people to get them through the door.

Think since the documentary came out the two of them (especially CM) have been getting too many plaudits due to some hard talking in the Marketing suites, when they've very obviously failed at what is the most important thing in a football club. The football.
nut CM didnt fail at the football..its not within his remit..SD failed at the football..CM should be compared against non football goals as thats his job..

Back