Tonights Meet the Gaffer

There is ,poor training and diet,if rumours are true there is certain players on the piss aswell more often than not.
We don’t have natural athletes in the squad who are big strong fast lads .Have a team full of plodders like leadbitter/Maguire and so on who can hardly move .

There is no excuse for the club not to have the capability of getting players to peak fitness like Allardyce did.

We have been slow, unfit and lacked physicality for years now.
It’s been a problem mentioned before which has still not been addressed.
We make the same mistakes year after year.
Then sign Leadbitter and McGeady etc as an example.
Because then kind of players cost decent money
Charlie said they have made mistakes in recruitment last January particularly.That window was a disaster,mainly due to having no scouts then .
There is s million free lance scouts

Last edited:
It's been stated by PP that we're obviously needing players, with pace and power (as well as a bit of skill, heart, desire, and professional pride)

I'd also say, we should be replacing Hill and Coton, and put together a better recruitment team, so we can buy new players, who'll hit the ground running, when they sign for us, instead of hitting the treatment table, like Wyke, Grigg, and De Bock.

IF we do get players, with pace and power, in January, who the fuck, is going to buy the useless knackers, who'll be surplus to requirements, here ?
this “more crosses” thing is cack like.
It would definitely help, if the crosses actually reached one of our players, instead of sailing straight into the crowd, behind the goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
My gaffer talks utter shit !
Just saying lke ,

I just go to work and do my job ,

I see what goes on behind the scenes when I supervise in the office sometimes and it s fking pathetic!

My point is that gaffers talk utter shit and might aswell be politicians

im the gaffer here and i talk shit always
Because then kind of players cost decent money

There is s million free lance scouts

anyone can be a scout, go to a non league game and identify a standout player and recommend him to the club.

Last edited:
Charlie was asked a question about why he told the bloke on total sport that if he didn’t like it on a Saturday that he should go and do something else.

Someone stood up, off mic, and said that the people who have decided to do something else on their Saturdays can fuck off. Over 90% of the people there tonight are the ones who turn up week in, week out regardless of results. It’s about time the club stopped treating them and consumables that weren’t imperative to the running of the club. That we’ve been there no matter what, that even if they took us to the 6th tier and had us playing shields that we’d still be loyal. That the end of the pisstaking, that he promised to end, needed to end.

He was met with applause. I have no shame in admitting that person was me. An awful lot of people there tonight were pissed off and I feel like I vented the way many of our fans would’ve liked to.
:lol: Why is it that they should ‘fuck off’?

I've a couple of issues with this, firstly dropping down to this level was supposed to be a chance to create a new ethos running through the club.

After all the talk of "piss taking party" stopping we are now told we have a "slow/unfit" squad (not the we need telling and can see that week in/week out)

On who's watch exactly were these slow/unfit players scouted and signed?

How much money (a lot, relative to this league) has been wasted on assembling a squad with little or no resale value??

I'm not as confident the mistakes will be rectified this coming window... what changes exactly have the owners put in place to make sure we actually scout and identify players that will improve us and get out of this league?

If their answer is Phil Parkinson then I fear we will be down here for a long time to come.
Spot on, and an excellent post.

It's been stated by PP that we're obviously needing players, with pace and power (as well as a bit of skill, heart, desire, and professional pride)

I'd also say, we should be replacing Hill and Coton, and put together a better recruitment team, so we can buy new players, who'll hit the ground running, when they sign for us, instead of hitting the treatment table, like Wyke, Grigg, and De Bock.

IF we do get players, with pace and power, in January, who the fuck, is going to buy the useless knackers, who'll be surplus to requirements, here ?

It would definitely help, if the crosses actually reached one of our players, instead of sailing straight into the crowd, behind the goal.
7 of our 1st team squad are out of contract in the summer

do you live in Chorley by any chance

For my sins, I'm Hartlepudlian, and have no connection to Horley in Sussex, or Chorley in Lancashire.

The username came about, from the time the SOL was almost completed, and groups of us season ticket holders from Roker Park, were invited to the new stadium to have a look around.
A tour guide was showing various groups around the new ground, and was explaining that the centre circle, had been transplanted from the pitch at Roker Park, when this gobshite suddenly piped up, that it was club legend, Charlie Hurley, who'd dug the centre circle up, at RP, though in his excitement to prove he was the fountain of all knowledge, regarding SAFC, he said Horley Chorley, instead of Charlie Hurley.
Cue, stifled guffaws from the tour group, and me on the floor, laughing so hard, I was struggling to breathe. :lol:
When I joined here in 2004, I used HC as a username.

Let me know how it went Bob
PP spoke well, he confirmed there will be a good number of incoming players chosen by him, he also said some of the 1st team will be gone for good in the summer, A guy asked about how unfit we are, and he agreed saying he will make sure the players feel the benefit of extra sessions, he also said he will drill into them what we are feeling with their apathy on the pitch.
He mentioned how a good few of the 1st team don't realise how lucky they are to be here.
his last point was they are in for a shock with training up grade.
he did not say it directly but eluded to they had it far to easy under Ross,

Stating the obvious but quality players with pace are going to cost decent money especially in January. I can’t see much money being spent. Loan signings could be made but they’ll still cost money.

PP spoke well, he confirmed there will be a good number of incoming players chosen by him, he also said some of the 1st team will be gone for good in the summer, A guy asked about how unfit we are, and he agreed saying he will make sure the players feel the benefit of extra sessions, he also said he will drill into them what we are feeling with their apathy on the pitch.
He mentioned how a good few of the 1st team don't realise how lucky they are to be here.
This is very encouraging.

We don't expect our players to be competing for Ballon D'or awards, but we do expect them to make an effort on the pitch, and show some pride in the shirt they are privileged to wear, and show some pride and respect, for the club and its fans, they represent.

I was there. Was quite impressed by them but I suppose they're all paid to be a mouth at the end of the day. 6-7 bodies are coming in, some not for 'money"

Got to say, have come away from talk in tonight feeling a tad deflated.
Just have no confidence in current regime in getting it right.
As for PP, he seemed to want to say more than he did. He definitely knows limitations of squad but will he be able to turn it around? Seemed confident we'd go up this year, but he wud, wudnt he?
Gud to see GM there tonight. Didn't say much of interest in public but in chat with me, he said his tackle on Pistone was a gud un :lol:. Those who were there, will know what he means.

Thanks Bob, strange that fitness is an issue to professional footballers these days

We have been slow, unfit and lacked physicality for years now.
It’s been a problem mentioned before which has still not been addressed.
We make the same mistakes year after year.
Then sign Leadbitter and McGeady etc as an example.
Well done on bringing up McGeady what a fucktard we wouldn't have made the play offs without the lad last season but of course it's his fault for not carrying the team this season

Back