Tonali charged by FA

Mags making claims from it doesn't matter if these are different as he has been punished already , to these are the same charged and already being punished

Not an illness when your betting on games you're involved in like, that's borderline match fixing.

Gambling addiction is horrible and I feel for people who go through it but this is different.
This it’s not as if he’s been betting on

Genk to beat Antwerp and Austria Vienna to beat Salzburg on his Sunday acca

Plenty of sports he can bet on but chooses games he’s playing in

Last edited:
It’s been a bad few months for the PL. Stavely has lost her court case, Tonali has been pulled up for illegal gambling again, Everton have been deducted points for cheating, as have Forest, Everton are about to get another points deduction for cheating again, Toney was banned for gambling, PL clubs are refusing to follow government instructions and help the EFL clubs.

It’s a great look.

bad few months for the PL but longer term its good for football.

If it is so, he needs help and good luck to him.

If just football and especially in games he could influence then the opposite, as no addiction there.

There's a radio station I stopped listening to about 2 year ago , they were doing a piece on gambling, some calls were harrowing and the vile scottish presenter was all full of sympathy. They cut to adverts and 2 gambling ones were in those adverts. They then brought on a bloke from Paddy Power in the next segment and had a jolly good laugh with him.

Really depends on how often, and what he is gambling on.

Personally I feel he is pressured and wrapped up in something.
My thoughts too.. addiction? or corruption? First one should carry a ban and addiction support, the second should be a lifetime ban and a criminal investigation.

In some cases that may well be true, if he's also betting on games which he has no influence over then simply because of his own perceived knowledge of the game, whereas he presumably knows nowt about roulette, horses etc.
Everyone is asking the wrong question.. whether or not this is addiction isn’t relevant to the charge. The question has to be ‘is it corruption’?

Back