Tonali charged by FA

He’s an absolute cock like.
If he’s addicted to gambling then why can’t he channel the gambling into non-football things like slots, El roulette, horses, cards etc etc?
Unless he’s saying “I’m only addicted to betting ON FOOTBALL” which is fcking ludicrous! 🤣
It doesn't have to be a punishment, we know his addiction is bad enough that he will bet on games he's playing in, he basically has to be banned or every game he plays is questionable.
Surely a betting addict isn't someone who places 50 bets over 2 months?

Addicts bet a lot more than less than once a day if they're looking for the 'hit' of a win. Would the 'fix' of betting on his team games something a betting addict would solely do? I wouldn't think so as I'd expect them to be betting elsewhere also. Is that like saying someone is an alcoholic as they only drink drive risking a ban but don't drink excessively elsewhere?

Last edited:

Addicts bet a lot more than less than once a day if they're looking for the 'hit' of a win.
Good point.

I bet every day like :eek:
More than one and I absolutely love it!
However unlike him I’m not employed by the sport I’m betting on. Imagine if he was a boxer betting on boxing 🥊
Wouldn’t he be banned? Like for years?

Addicts bet a lot more than less than once a day if they're looking for the 'hit' of a win. Would the 'fix' of betting on his team games something a betting addict would solely do? I wouldn't think so as I'd expect them to be betting elsewhere also. Is that like saying someone is an alcoholic as they only drink drive risking a ban but don't drink excessively elsewhere?
This, it's less than 1 bet a day. I suppose if he was losing £100K in a day then packing it in for a bit then betting again you could call it an addiction. However, for all we know he might have been betting £50 a pop which for a multi millionaire is absolutely nothing.

My Nana and Granda had several bets every day of their lives while I knew them. Mind 2 and a half pence cross doubles were unlikely to bankrupt them 🙂

After my Granda died my Nana went into a care home and my Dad helped clear her house. He noticed a lump in the bedroom carpet and when he pulled it back he found a bundle of notes with a bank band around it, it was £980! The old boy must have had a canny win, took £20 for a few pints and squirreled the rest 🙂

Aye I don't believe he's an addict, I gamble probably 5 times as often, although probably nowhere near the stakes! But my point is that him being an addict isn't a defence against him being banned, if anything it strengthens the reason to ban him.

He broke the rules in Italy, he broke the rules in the UK. Two separate competitions, two separate punishments. Tough shit.
You do realise, by your own statement, that he shouldn’t have then been banned to play in the premier league right?
Surely, the mags will be crying but but he's served a ban. Aye he's serving a ban for what he did while playing in Italy, if he continued to do so over here then he hasn't paid for breaking the rules over here and should face another ban.
Yeah but then why is he currently paying for breaking the rules in Italy?

Last edited:
If he’s betting on Newcastle games when he’s playing for them he’s a duckin idiot and deserves everything he gets.

50 bets over 2 months doesn’t seem much but the context is what matters.

If he’s put 50 £5 type bets on Birmingham to beat Stoke (eg) or Blackpool to beat Bolton, then in the grand scheme of things it’s still wrong but there’s far worse things in life.

If he’s put 50 bets on things like tonali to get booked.
Or anything involving his team, he’s bang to rights.

He’s payed a hell of a lot of money and the average man on the street would give his right bollock to be anywhere near him financially. He doesn’t need to win a few more quid here and there really.
Betting on his own team or results that can affect his team and he has no arguments if he’s banned again.

You do realise, by your own statement, that he shouldn’t have then been banned to play in the premier league right?

Yeah but then why is he currently paying for breaking the rules in Italy?
Because the Italian fa made it a worldwide ban?. That's nowt to do with the English fa or the rules he broke while playing in England.

Betting on your own games is unforgivable. He’s betting on football matches because he has inside information.

It’s been a bad few months for the PL. Stavely has lost her court case, Tonali has been pulled up for illegal gambling again, Everton have been deducted points for cheating, as have Forest, Everton are about to get another points deduction for cheating again, Toney was banned for gambling, PL clubs are refusing to follow government instructions and help the EFL clubs.

It’s a great look.

Betting on your own games is unforgivable. He’s betting on football matches because he has inside information.

It’s been a bad few months for the PL. Stavely has lost her court case, Tonali has been pulled up for illegal gambling again, Everton have been deducted points for cheating, as have Forest, Everton are about to get another points deduction for cheating again, Toney was banned for gambling, PL clubs are refusing to follow government instructions and help the EFL clubs.

It’s a great look.
This. Outside of football, the bloke has a problem that he needs help with. On the football side of things, he placed bets involving Newcastle whilst a Newcastle player and the mags have sang his name, give him minutes of applause and are furiously defending him on social media. It just shows how far the mags will go to try and protect the money they’ve had thrown at them. Imagine if Ashley signed him.

The lad clearly needs help , let's ban him again instead though and continue to promote gambling everywhere ,that will teach him a lesson. May as well start punishing drug and alcohol addicts whilst we are at it .
If he was a cocaine addict and tested positive he would be banned.

Addict or not, personal responsibility applies. He’s got no one to blame but himself.

Back