Tonali charged by FA

Is it a shame that he suffers from this gambling illness? Yes, of course.

Can the FA just ignore it? No of course not!
Especially as he is already serving a ban.

Will the skunks whinge about being picked on? Oh, I do f***ing hope so! 🤣
The I've got an illness is an easy cop out, can you prove it (not you personally) but they are charging him with having 50 bets over 2 months so less than 1 a day. I could be totally off the mark but somebody who is so gripped by addiction they dont care that they will lose their job is surely betting on the Brazilian 2nd division during the night. Seems he has a very selective issue where its only a small number on bets on a very small pool, more likely he owes somebody money and hes doing it to pay them off to me.

They should be made to forfeit any points / cup wins they got that he played in during the period when the betting offences occurred 😉

Is it addiction or does he just have masses of disposable income and enjoys spending it? Blokes on 130k a week, must be burning a hole in his pocket. 50 bets in 2 months isn't huge.

My understanding of the situation is that he's been betting on everything and anything (I think the other Italian lad banned said at his hearing he was introduced to betting on Tennis by Tonali when they were both under 21s) but it also included betting on AC Milan, which obviously makes it far worse.
If it is so, he needs help and good luck to him.

If just football and especially in games he could influence then the opposite, as no addiction there.

There's a radio station I stopped listening to about 2 year ago , they were doing a piece on gambling, some calls were harrowing and the vile scottish presenter was all full of sympathy. They cut to adverts and 2 gambling ones were in those adverts. They then brought on a bloke from Paddy Power in the next segment and had a jolly good laugh with him.

Really depends on how often, and what he is gambling on.

Personally I feel he is pressured and wrapped up in something.

The lad clearly needs help , let's ban him again instead though and continue to promote gambling everywhere ,that will teach him a lesson. May as well start punishing drug and alcohol addicts whilst we are at it .

If the drug and alcohol addicts were stealing it would you not punish them then Magintosh?
In related news, just saw this on Twitter and Fishpaste is a reet spenk. Hope the FA throw the book at him.

Go easy on him man. He's still panicking about Trippier scoring a free kick against us.

Last edited:
"Waagh, it's because they're jealous of wu"
"This is racist against Geordies"
"It's not his fault, he's got a disease"
"Chi, help, me mental health, man"

Back