Tomorrows World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved Tomorrow's World as a kid. I thought it was slotted near TOTP's as well, but I have it in my head, we had to watch mastermind the same night. Fuck knows why, but Its also triggered my mind to a series called the Tripods, which was canny, but then disappeared of the screens after 2 series, I never knowing how it all ended.

Loved Tomorrow's World as a kid. I thought it was slotted near TOTP's as well, but I have it in my head, we had to watch mastermind the same night. Fuck knows why, but Its also triggered my mind to a series called the Tripods, which was canny, but then disappeared of the screens after 2 series, I never knowing how it all ended.
I remember Tripods, bit sci-fi Doctor Who type thing.

Remember this as a kid with Raymond Baxter who also did the commentary on the F1 racing
And the annual air show commentary from Farnsworth.

I remember them debuting pocket calculators. Then I was in Joblings once and they had a six foot tall working demo of one. The buttons were as big as floor tiles.

Tomorrow’s World definitely on a Thursday followed by TOTP. Mastermind - IF it was on a Thursday - must have been after. Kojak was on Fridays following the comedy hour which usually had some combination of Porridge, Are You Being Served, Two Ronnies, etc. Around that time the New Avengers, The Sweeney or The Professionals would be on ITV on Fridays.

It sounds class looking back but at the time we were bored out of our trees with only three channels, and BBC2 was largely shite.

And the annual air show commentary from Farnsworth.

I remember them debuting pocket calculators. Then I was in Joblings once and they had a six foot tall working demo of one. The buttons were as big as floor tiles.

Tomorrow’s World definitely on a Thursday followed by TOTP. Mastermind - IF it was on a Thursday - must have been after. Kojak was on Fridays following the comedy hour which usually had some combination of Porridge, Are You Being Served, Two Ronnies, etc. Around that time the New Avengers, The Sweeney or The Professionals would be on ITV on Fridays.

It sounds class looking back but at the time we were bored out of our trees with only three channels, and BBC2 was largely shite.
Wasn't TOTP at seven, after Nationwide and Tomorrows World after that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back