Tommy Watson

It took a while but our academy is certainly producing the goods .
U18 team we put out last night was seriously impressive. Think it’s actually really important to consider when picking the next head coach. He gotta be someone who has a track record of developing youth. At the same time I don’t think Dodds should get the role so as no matter what’s happens over the next 2-3 years we have a consistency behind the scenes to aid their progress.

I think he’s showing enough to warrant a place on the bench at the moment. Obviously needs to replicate his form for the u21s as well but i’d back Tommy to be making a bigger impact than Burstow or Dack .

Can’t really say much fairer than that if it’s the coaches view who see him every day, I still don’t see what harm a couple of 20 minute cameos in the next 3 games would do. It’s not like we showed a great deal of caution throwing Hemir or Mayenda in.
Same with Max Thompson when had no strikers, Watson is a year older than Rigg, so not sure why not now

That's why I think josh Murphy would be a decent clarke replacement next season. Free and we can use him to slowly bed Watson in and use the Clarke money elsewhere, like a f***ing top championship centre forward

That's why I think josh Murphy would be a decent clarke replacement next season. Free and we can use him to slowly bed Watson in and use the Clarke money elsewhere, like a f***ing top championship centre forward
23 starts, 25 sub league appearances in the last two seasons for Oxford in the 3rd division.

Three seasons ago he didn’t make a start for Preston, only 12 sub appearances (plus 2 for Cardiff)

He’s only made 23 league starts in the last 3 seasons with another 39 sub appearances. Two of those seasons in the 3rd division.

A grand total of 6 league goals in the last 3 seasons. Although to be fair all of those goals have been in the last 2 months. Nothing previously for nearly 3 years.

He’s turns 30 next season

If the usually reliable soccerbase is correct of course. Happy to be corrected

Last edited:

Back