Tommy Lynn - RIP

Did Tom post on here? I always thought Sons of the Wear was him. Just checked his profile and his last activity on here was Tuesday at 6.15.
He said he didn't, but said he read it. This is going back neatly 20 year though, so maybe he signed up?

Remember this when it was first on ..used to be a football league show on a Monday night I think, nationwide football league with all the goals from division one to division three ?
Endsleigh Football League Extra, highlights show that was supplied by ITV Sport and usually aired late on Monday nights

Came on this thread to post this. One here with the old badge as well.

Heard donation was made to Sunderland Soup Kitchen in memory of Tommy. Their going to provide a meal for the less fortunate members of Sunderland community.It’s going to be Pie and Peas with Bovil Gravy ,also a cake which I can’t remember.
Like everybody else who knew Tommy i was down for last few days , but when I found out about what the Soup Kitchen are going to do . I remembered how in Adversity SAFC fans can react and make sure ,Tommy gone , but remembered as long we have a team to cheer on .

https://wisemensay.co.uk › rip-tom-lynn

RIP Tom Lynn - "The world has lost a good one in Tommy Lynn"

Here are some words that Matt has put together, and we’ll be putting out more later in the week. RIP, Tommy. I am truly devastated to learn of the passing of Tommy Lynn. Tommy had a huge influence on myself over the years, not least with the role he played in my initial
Lovely piece - thanks for sharing KB.

And I'm also still somewhat disappointed that the club didn't put a photo of Tom on the screens.

Think they had left early ! The whole day was a disgrace ! 2 mascots with no kits too ?
It is no longer part of "the mascot package" to provide a kit for the bairns. That's the way it's been for some seasons now. The parent/guardian is responsible for kitting out the mascot. If a child turns up wearing a kit with a betting logo on it, then legally it has to be covered up. The club does have a handful of tracky tops to use when this occasionally happens. Yesterday was a minging day all around. Best thing about it was the applause on 66, though the "Cheer Up" played at h-t fell a bit flat after such a dire 1st half, sadly. Throwing negatives in around the mascot situation doesn't wash. I'm fairly sure despite the outlay (and the result) that mascots & families will have had a memorable day.

Back