Tomb Raider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic!

Really really enjoying this looks sweeeet and plays very nice too. Puzzles are not as difficult as the last ones tho and seems dumbed down a bit so people dont just get stuck all the time but it works (i remember spending weeks running round one level trying to figure out where i was meant to go!).

Lara not as foxy tho and gets kicked to fuck all through, unlike the older ones where she is rock and just shoots fuck out of anything.

Also added some bits to it like gaining experience to learn new skills to sirvive and also upgrading wrapons you find (even changes graphics in cutscenes too).

Plays more like a horror than most horror games (res evil and shit) and some of the graphics and adrenalin scenes have you glued to the screen in awe.

Nice addition to the series and gives games more, which i think all games should do with sequels and not just churn out the same shit.

Actually looking onward to this. Probably pick it up when I get back from the States. Are there many tombs to raid? Looks like its set on an island or something?

Actually looking onward to this. Probably pick it up when I get back from the States. Are there many tombs to raid? Looks like its set on an island or something?

Aye set on an island, doesnt seem like loads of tombs to find but as you are running about you can find some hidden ones, found 2 or so already which i think gave me a map of where some collectables were?!?

Seems to be less "tomby" so far tho, but locations are cool and very gorey in some.

Also only managed to fall off anything to my death once too, something which plagued the other games (and autosaves a lot so dont have to do every single jump in areas again if u fk it up).

Fantastic!

Really really enjoying this looks sweeeet and plays very nice too. Puzzles are not as difficult as the last ones tho and seems dumbed down a bit so people dont just get stuck all the time but it works (i remember spending weeks running round one level trying to figure out where i was meant to go!).

Lara not as foxy tho and gets kicked to fuck all through, unlike the older ones where she is rock and just shoots fuck out of anything.

Also added some bits to it like gaining experience to learn new skills to sirvive and also upgrading wrapons you find (even changes graphics in cutscenes too).

Plays more like a horror than most horror games (res evil and shit) and some of the graphics and adrenalin scenes have you glued to the screen in awe.

Nice addition to the series and gives games more, which i think all games should do with sequels and not just churn out the same shit.

Isn't it billed as being a prequel though? Maybe that's why she gets knocked about a bit

Saw Tomb Raider: Legend for £3 on Xbox Marketplace but didn't pick it up. If it's still on offer I might.

i think i'll be getting it. loved the first few games on ps1. had one on the ps2 and got stuck on the first level. tried for over week to work it out and just gave up in the end :lol:

If your playing this now would I be correct in thinking you might have downloaded it for the 360 ? If so do you know if its xdg3 or not ?

If you haven't just ignore this question :)

Think it's out on the 5th March. Looking forward to playing it.

just pre ordered mine, not a fan of Very.co.uk but im not a scummer type who is late with payments so ill pay it off in one whack, £44 for the Collectors Edition isnt bd at all.

new customer and 25% off discount code works out canny.

Last edited:
Saw Tomb Raider: Legend for £3 on Xbox Marketplace but didn't pick it up. If it's still on offer I might.

I got this myself today, enjoying it so far. Like the original Tomb Raider but with better controls. The graphics aren't up to much but are good enough.

It's still on sale at that price for awhile yet, definitely worth picking up IMO.

just pre ordered mine, not a fan of Very.co.uk but im not a scummer type who is late with payments so ill pay it off in one whack, £44 for the Collectors Edition isnt bd at all.

new customer and 25% off discount code works out canny.

I pay it off mate, they hoy on interest beyond belief if you dont. Cant wait for this like, my most wanted game after bioshock, looks f***ing fantastic even the multiplayer looks decent in a uncharted type of way uncharted mp is so underrated.

Isn't it billed as being a prequel though? Maybe that's why she gets knocked about a bit

Aye she is young in this one and as she goes through the game you can start seeing the newer lara in her and see how she got as hard as she is.

If your playing this now would I be correct in thinking you might have downloaded it for the 360 ? If so do you know if its xdg3 or not ?

If you haven't just ignore this question :)

Havent flashed rom in ages so will be whatever the last firmware you were forced to install. No updates for game or nowt.

Aye she is young in this one and as she goes through the game you can start seeing the newer lara in her and see how she got as hard as she is.

Havent flashed rom in ages so will be whatever the last firmware you were forced to install. No updates for game or nowt.

it looks canny like, i never bothered with tomb raider after the second one like but i might give this one a shot

I pay it off mate, they hoy on interest beyond belief if you dont. Cant wait for this like, my most wanted game after bioshock, looks f***ing fantastic even the multiplayer looks decent in a uncharted type of way uncharted mp is so underrated.

ill pay it off in one whack when the order actually verifies, im the kind of customer they hate, everything paid on time and in one lump rather than in dribs and drabs, thats my sisters method of payment, i usually dont buy anything unless i have the cash for it.

well they will hate me, paid off in full, £47 including delivery for the Collectors edition, cant complain, only about a tenner more than the full game on release

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back