Tom McNamee

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunlansthebest

Goalkeeper
He has been given another year's contract.

Obviously doing well on loan down at Boston in the conference north, he got dragged off at half time against Harrogate Town. Must be close to pushing the first team soon, getting another contract at 20 year old....

This is a disgrace.

Crying shame for the other young uns, what kind of message does this send out.

4 defenders from the 2nd year U18's been told they're not getting pro contracts next year. McNamee been told he's nowhere near the first team but being kept on as they don't have enough defenders at U21 level, when they've just released 4 players with more potential! You couldn't make it up man.

From what I've seen (and if true of course) it's pretty disgraceful that the lad is getting to stay at the club right up to the point of senior eligibility when Louis Laing - a far more talented player - was turfed out with another year remaining. He's horseshite.

He may indeed turn out to be poor. However, I wonder if the posters who keep knocking him have been rejected themselves or had relatives/friends rejected - the vitriol seems so bad that I think some of it must come from someone being scorned.

Only seen the lad play once at Hetton last season - I expected him to be bad (after all of the previous bed wetting and name calling) but he was the best defender on show that night.

And no, I am not connected to his family at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back