Tom Hartley Superstar

Set of balls on the lad to come back from that first innings

Has sorted his pace out in this innings and has worked wonders.

I felt bad for him rather than mocking. A baptism of fire which could have easily gone the other way ala Kerrigan/Crane.

Hope get gets a few more and wins us the game.

I also would have kept your powder dry until the end of the series, even though lets hope for 30 wickers for him :lol:

Last edited:
Amazing performance and his runs were virtually the difference at the end as well

he bowled one absolute gem outside leg hit off which warne got ball of the century for

How do you feel about calling him a “zany” selection and defending the media’s criticism after one day?
It's not "mocking" him though is it? It's just questioning the selection, which was bold when you consider we had players like Parkinson and Dawson back home.

Likewise the press didn't "slaughter him", Sky simply pointed out he got a bit of tap in the first innings and you had a radge and called them scum.

Before we get too carried away, Todd Murphy took a seven-for, last year, in India, while Matt Kuhneman took a five-fer. (Gary also took an 8-fer in the final test). The conditions in India are completely unlike any other country.

It's not "mocking" him though is it? It's just questioning the selection, which was bold when you consider we had players like Parkinson and Dawson back home.

Likewise the press didn't "slaughter him", Sky simply pointed out he got a bit of tap in the first innings and you had a radge and called them scum.

Before we get too carried away, Todd Murphy took a seven-for, last year, in India, while Matt Kuhneman took a five-fer. (Gary also took an 8-fer in the final test). The conditions in India are completely unlike any other country.
Just admit you were wrong and move on, it’s fine.

Came back well from that mauling in the first few overs in the opening test
Also looks like he’s got ability with the bat in the lower order
I know Leach is homeward bound but I think his test days are over now

Back