Tolent gone into Administration?

vote quimby

Striker
Hearing rumours they've gone under. Work on new houses in Sunderland City Centre has stopped today. Feel for all involved who are losing jobs if this is true.

Noticed a few folks complaining Gentoo had cancelled their kitchen remodernisations that were due to start this week.
Are Gentoo owned by tolent or do tolent just do work for them ?

Noticed a few folks complaining Gentoo had cancelled their kitchen remodernisations that were due to start this week.
Are Gentoo owned by tolent or do tolent just do work for them ?

As Harry has said though unsure if Tolent would do that scale of fitout. The confusing bit is that Tolent acquired Gentoo’s construction/development arm years ago and created Tolent Living.

As Harry has said though unsure if Tolent would do that scale of fitout. The confusing bit is that Tolent acquired Gentoo’s construction/development arm years ago and created Tolent Living.

Is Tolent Living a separate entity to Tolent and are both going into administration?

Tolent Construction is the parent of Tolent Living.

It’s always advisable to split a company if they operate in different sectors so one part can continue if another fails. It reduces their risk profile and to an extent provides more security to clients.

I’m not saying that’s the case here mind, hence asking the question if they’re separate entities.

It’s always advisable to split a company if they operate in different sectors so one part can continue if another fails. It reduces their risk profile and to an extent provides more security to clients.

I’m not saying that’s the case here mind, hence asking the question if they’re separate entities.
Sounds like it’s construction going down so that will take living with it I suppose.

Hearing rumours they've gone under. Work on new houses in Sunderland City Centre has stopped today. Feel for all involved who are losing jobs if this is true.
Although I sympathise with any employees who've lost their livelihood, Tolent are just another barely competent construction company won't be missed.

The UK is littered with companies like this who couldn't or wouldn't move with the times.

Doing things the same way as they've always done them.

Run by the commercial teams who can't see past the balance sheet

Wafer thin margins that disappear at the first frost or other miscalculation.

Back