~~Tokyo Olympics 2020/21~~

@errant @West_Winger Laura Kenny crashed in the first event. Did well in the second, to bring herself back into contention but then surprisingly she went out early in the elimination race which left her with far too much to do in the final points race. She said afterwards that her legs were gone in the elimation race so she was racing on the inside as its easier but it's also easy to get boxed in when people surge round the outside for the line which is what happened.

Brilliant effort by the BBC these past couple of weeks in what were quite challenging circumstances.

I really enjoyed that.

Bring on the footy season. 😖
Let's hope there's no mass-global TV next time, and the BBC gets full access back.

The big problem for me has been the lack of iplayer "by sport" videos to click and watch the exact thing I want to see. Its almost just a case of "you can re-watch the live tv show, and hope to find the thing you want".

That lass winning the BMX race tops them three for me. Had to fund hersel anarl.
Not that it makes it any less of an amazing feat but she has been funded by British cycling for atleast the last 2 years, she funded herself to prove she was good enough to get into the British cycling scheme, the same as most of the team have done its just she done it at an older age as BMX wasn't an Olympic sport till this one whereas team persuit are picked up at 14/15 after parents have funded all the travel and stuff.

Not trying to downplay her achievements at all but it's been reported in a very specific way by certain parts of the media v the rowing funding to make it look like the so called upper class sports are given more, imo of course.

Had some dust in my eye when the BBC played that montage at the end of the coverage just now.

Some really incredible performances, Peatys continued dominance, Daley getting gold, Whitlock retaining, the various cycling triumphs, Muir and Bradshaw taking medals, it’s been absolutely class and the Paralympics to come!

Loved watching these Olympics & been exactly what alot of people have needed after a pretty shitty 18 months. Thought Japan put on a great games and BBC did a really good job. Hopefully they'll have more coverage in Paris but great commentary from the likes of Hoy, Boardman, Michael Johnson etc alongside the good presenters the Beeb have in Walker, Irvine, Balding, Logan, Quek etc.

Be a bit weird not waking up and switching the tv on to some random sport but got the Winter Olympics & World Cup next year to look forward to & Paris is only 3 years away.

Loved watching these Olympics & been exactly what alot of people have needed after a pretty shitty 18 months. Thought Japan put on a great games and BBC did a really good job. Hopefully they'll have more coverage in Paris but great commentary from the likes of Hoy, Boardman, Michael Johnson etc alongside the good presenters the Beeb have in Walker, Irvine, Balding, Logan, Quek etc.

Be a bit weird not waking up and switching the tv on to some random sport but got the Winter Olympics & World Cup next year to look forward to & Paris is only 3 years away.
Have you forgotten that the Paralympics start in just over 2 weeks.

Back