Today’s figures 29/09

i suspected we’d see them rise again, its happening a lot earlier than i thought it might though.
Probably down to the schools/colleges/uni's going back (as well as people bringing it back with them from their holibobs). Other than close the schools etc I don't know we get round it

It was inevitable the numbers would start going back up once we started bringing things back to normality.
when cases were coming down there was a lot of pressure on the government to relax restrictions, open pubs, bars, restaurants, all shops, workplaces, schools, universities etc. they did that and people took the piss.
the government are by no means perfect and i'm not going to defend them but they are in a no win situation.
people just seem to want no personal responsibility and clamour for someone to blame but themselves.

I'm in a small room seven hours a day with 33 people coming into contact. Would you say that is common sense?
No, not ideal but if everyone is taking care 24/7 then it is safer than what is going on with some people right now, your employer has a duty of care to provide a safe working environment, are they?

It’s almost as if the reported 4-6 week lag on deaths was actually a thing and all those idiots on here claiming “but deaths aren’t going up” have gone rather quiet now
I'm in a small room seven hours a day with 33 people coming into contact. Would you say that is common sense?

Very harsh to condemn without any additional information about the circumstances. Sure it’s as safe as possible though, and if you have suggestions to make it safer have you raised them through the proper channels?

Last edited:
It’s almost as if the reported 4-6 week lag on deaths was actually a thing and all those idiots on here claiming “but deaths aren’t going up” have gone rather quiet now

Very harsh to condemn without any additional information about the circumstances. Sure it’s as safe as possible though, and if you have suggestions to make it safer have you raised them through the proper channels?

I'm a teacher.
No, not ideal but if everyone is taking care 24/7 then it is safer than what is going on with some people right now, your employer has a duty of care to provide a safe working environment, are they?

As above really.

By the second
Looks like we need to up the deaths a bit from that link.

Can I go to the pub?

How many are dying from covid specifically as the cause of death other than died of any causes within 28 days of testing positive?

Back