Tin Of Sardines…

When you look along the beach from the pier at shields on a sunny day it’s spectacular. Shields is canny. Plenty of nice pubs, curry houses aplenty and the ferry to North Shields / fish quay / tynemouth. Sandies got plenty to brag about.
Great advertisement for south Tyneside, come here but you’re better off the other side of the Tyne 🤦🏻

Great advertisement for south Tyneside, come here but you’re better off the other side of the Tyne 🤦🏻
Na, but a change is as good as a rest. Not big into the rivalry outside of football, life’s too short. Can appreciate what the dark side has to offer. Shame it doesn’t go both ways. Know too many mags that wouldn’t try a night out south of the Tyne. Their loss.

Had a stroll out in SR6 the neet for the first time in yonks. Blue Bell was horrendous, music at full belt and pissed up groups shouting at each other to try and get above it.

Lighthouse was rammed so walked straight past.

Ocean bar was canny but fairly narrow in the range of drinks it sells (if it's not on the menu, you can't have it, and the drinks menu is a bit light).

Popped in the Flying Boat for a night cap, and well, it's the Flying Boat. It's always been shite tbh so didn't expect much else tbh.

Had a stroll out in SR6 the neet for the first time in yonks. Blue Bell was horrendous, music at full belt and pissed up groups shouting at each other to try and get above it.

Ocean bar was canny but fairly narrow in the range of drinks it sells (if it's not on the menu, you can't have it, and the drinks menu is a bit light).

Popped in the Flying Boat for a night cap, and well, it's the Flying Boat. It's always been shite tbh so didn't expect much else tbh.
Sounds like it was a poor night out, The Bell and The Flying Boat are horrendous like.

The Boat desperately needs a major relaunch/revamp tbh. I can see the place being closed by Xmas unless something changes

Sounds like it was a poor night out, The Bell and The Flying Boat are horrendous like.
Cracking choice of beers in the BB these days. Doesn’t seem to stink if food as much as it used to either. I’ve always found it a friendly & welcoming pub, not been in on a sat night though for years. The FB I agree with. Find it radgy with lads on the gear. Think it might have been taken over recently.

Cracking choice of beers in the BB these days. Doesn’t seem to stink if food as much as it used to either. I’ve always found it a friendly & welcoming pub, not been in on a sat night though for years. The FB I agree with. Find it radgy with lads on the gear. Think it might have been taken over recently.

Think it's owned by the same company that has the Grange (had exactly the same cocktail menu on the tables in both).

Back