Tin Of Sardines…

Shocked Sunderland didnt win city of culture reading some of the views on here of a bar that dares to be different from the established cheap drinking haunts.
I'm all for new places opening in Sunderland but lets be fair, its not really that different is it? I'd love somewhere with a completely different approach and decor to open in Sunderland but this place has just lifted bits and pieces from what's previously been fashionable in other cities over the past ten years.

I'm all for new places opening in Sunderland but lets be fair, its not really that different is it? I'd love somewhere with a completely different approach and decor to open in Sunderland but this place has just lifted bits and pieces from what's previously been fashionable in other cities over the past ten years.
Haway then?

Shocked Sunderland didnt win city of culture reading some of the views on here of a bar that dares to be different from the established cheap drinking haunts.
It's why all the new and better places are landing on The Riviera now.
Haway what?

You won't be there because you'll be on your Todd again
Have they got a no solo policy like? You've jumped in without thinking again there Mini lad.
Just been in its class lovely view of the sea the dolphins turned up and the Double Maxim was flowing happy days.
Yup. Me and the missus enjoyed our visit yday evening. Very pleasant.

Last edited:

For years both in the real world and on here people have been crying out for making the coastal area more attractive for nights out.It's been happening slowly and for it to work you need variety.

I've not been in yet but will have a butchers.

Where else in Sunderland has decor and the coastal offering?

The broader point about drinkers pissing and moaning about "rip off" bars and shiting on anything different is valid imo.

Pints cost more than £4 now,get over it.

"....different approach and decor..."
I'm not the one opening a bar am I? This place just looks like a mish mash of everything from what Duncan used to do with the Apartment etc/Botanist/Alchemist with their pseudo retro fittings. Not very forward thinking is it?
Have they got a no solo policy like? You've jumped in without thinking again there Mini lad.
Must be a right laugh riot plodding up and down the sea front every time you go out by yourself :D

Last edited:
For years both in the real world and on here people have been crying out for making the coastal area more attractive for nights out.It's been happening slowly and for it to work you need variety.

The broader point about drinkers pissing and moaning about "rip off" bars and shiting on anything different is valid imo.

Unfortunately the cheaper in the house/More money than sense brigade feel they need to shout the loudest in Sunderland.

Be suspicious of any pint under a 5er.

Mini bar is always on here looking for discounts etc. Six/seven quid beers will absolutely blow his mind.

The coastal offering is it's best pull like.
As for the pints costing more than £4 was that aimed at me?
I never ever ask how much a pint is when Im out, who does?

I'm not the one opening a bar am I? This place just looks like a mish mash of everything from what Duncan used to do with the Apartment etc/Botanist/Alchemist with their pseudo retro fittings. Not very forward thinking is it?

Must be a right laugh riot plodding up and down the sea front every time you go out by yourself :D
The edit when blarn post from the fella never allowed out :lol:

Back