Timothee Pembele

and? Jobe isn't good enough to start every week either but he still does. Ba gets dropped after decent performances, Auchiche doesnt start after decent cameos but Jobe starts regardless. That to me is poor management and isn't fair on other squad members
What do you mean and? We were on about our badly managed foreign players that you mentioned.

None of these foreign lads offer more than little. They’ve predominantly been wank signings

What do you mean and? We were on about our badly managed foreign players that you mentioned.

None of these foreign lads offer more than little. They’ve predominantly been wank signings
I mentioned Jobe as he starts regardless no matter his form, not that Jobe has been mismanaged man

I mentioned Jobe as he starts regardless no matter his form, not that Jobe has been mismanaged man
This thread isn’t about jobe man. You brought him up when he wasn’t even mentioned

Which of our foreign signings should be starting ahead of jobe then? Answer is none
See the three coaches this season for that
He'll never be a fullback as long as i have a hole in me arse
Might get a tune out of him in the 4 years left though 🙈

Last edited:
Watched him in the 21s what feels like months ago and looked very decent. Tough injury, played for PSG. If he gets over his injury we got a player for sure. Saturday would be a good game to prove it.

Maybe, just maybe going from living in Paris to Sunderland, and going from playing with Mbappe to Burstow, might prove a challenge mentally…. It sure as fk would scramble my brain and I’m a life long Sunderland fan

5-year contract :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who in their right mind thinks binning off Gooch and Baath to be replaced by the likes of Pembele, Seelt, Hjelde, Triantis is a good idea.
Absolutely insane. Money pissed up the wall when finance was the supposed reason we got rid of Gooch, Baath, Pritchard, etc....

This thread isn’t about jobe man. You brought him up when he wasn’t even mentioned

Which of our foreign signings should be starting ahead of jobe then? Answer is none
See the three coaches this season for that
Jobe was used as an example of how the other lads are not being treated fairly, i.e. he starts no matter what

Also come on, you are going to use decisions made by 2 of the worst managers / head coaches we have every had to back up your argument? Ba and Auchiche in particular got more game time under Mowbray too

Jobe was used as an example of how the other lads are not being treated fairly, i.e. he starts no matter what

Also come on, you are going to use decisions made by 2 of the worst managers / head coaches we have every had to back up your argument? Ba and Auchiche in particular got more game time under Mowbray too
Jobe starts every week cos we have nobody better. Its not right but where we’re at. Relying on a bairn every week is shocking

Mowbray barely started any of the foreign lads as thery’re either not good enuf or not ready. Beale and dodds are shite but they don’t/didn’t start them either. Theres a reason for that you know

There's a lot more patience inside the club than outside.
Was always going to be the case once we made the playoffs last season. Rightly or wrongly fan expectation is season on season progression and anything else is a huge failure.

Club certainly haven't helped by pressing the self-destruct button mind...

Just been pissing about on twitter and found a link about "young french stars of the future"....Pembele, Lihadj, Aouchiche and some mush from Lens.

There's obviously talent there!

In order for him to play, Dodds has to take Hume out. He could try something radical and put Pembele on the right wing as he's apparently an attack minded player, but something like that is probably way beyond Dodds' comfort zone.

With Ballard injured, Dodds could put Hume over at LB and put Pembele at RB, but We'll probably see Styles get put there instead as what's the point in giving our own young players games when you can play someone who's on loan from League One. 🤷‍♂️

Hume has been off form over the last few weeks yet this lad hasn't even been brought on and given minutes They've even played Styles in front of him. If Hume is going to be suspended will the lad be thrown in the deep end or will they just replace Hume with seelt..

Watched him in the 21s what feels like months ago and looked very decent. Tough injury, played for PSG. If he gets over his injury we got a player for sure. Saturday would be a good game to prove it.

Maybe, just maybe going from living in Paris to Sunderland, and going from playing with Mbappe to Burstow, might prove a challenge mentally…. It sure as fk would scramble my brain and I’m a life long Sunderland fan
Agree with this - what is worrying is the amount of time he is taking to get over it - ACL injury was April 2022 - nearly 2 years ago.

Back