Time to introduce Elliot Embleton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up this morning and thought we should throw in Elliot Embleton for Maguire in the next game.

The lad will give his all.

He is playing a great England youth team and excelling

He’s played well for Grimsby who are a poor side and only one league below us (can’t believe we are in such a mess)

Will do better teaming up with better players.

We have nothing to lose by doing this, can’t do worse than Maguire.

I’d throw in Mumba for Cattermole as well but I think McGeouch deserves that opportunity first.

I woke up this morning and thought we should throw in Elliot Embleton for Maguire in the next game.

He’s played well for Grimsby who are a poor side and only one league below us (can’t believe we are in such a mess)

I’d throw in Mumba for Cattermole as well but I think McGeouch deserves that opportunity first.
I'd get Shields and Nelson back from loan and give them a chance

I’m going to hazard a guess here that you aren’t a professional football coach?

No I’m not ... although I have played my sport at international so I do understand sport in general more than others.

This lad was with us while we were premier league outfit

Surely our expensive set up can produce a 20 year old capable of playing in league 1???

Personally I'd drop both him and Power for McGeouch and Embleton/Maja.

Big decisions to be made about Embleton both by the club and the player himself, first he’s out of contract in summer, that needs sorting, secondly no point in bringing him back from Grimsby unless he’s going to feature regularly in 1st team games and would you honestly throw him into any of our next 3 league games against Blackpool Charlton and Luton just to have a look at him, maybe the checkatrade cup but as that against an under 21vside what’s the point

No I’m not ... although I have played my sport at international so I do understand sport in general more than others.

This lad was with us while we were premier league outfit

Surely our expensive set up can produce a 20 year old capable of playing in league 1???
Clive Woodward managed/coached England to a World Cup success in rugby union. He was an unmitigated disaster in his role at Southampton overseeing coaches etc. So your superior understanding of sport to us mere mortals on here means fuck all petal

However I’d like to see him in and around the first team

Big decisions to be made about Embleton both by the club and the player himself, first he’s out of contract in summer, that needs sorting, secondly no point in bringing him back from Grimsby unless he’s going to feature regularly in 1st team games and would you honestly throw him into any of our next 3 league games against Blackpool Charlton and Luton just to have a look at him, maybe the checkatrade cup but as that against an under 21vside what’s the point
Got to give them a chance at some point marra. Otherwise there's no point having an academy. Look how Jordan did when he was given a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back