Tim Wellock's New book - the best of durham

He was at the Essex match for the three days it was on and I purchased my copy on Thursday and have just finished it today.

In my opinion it falls slightly short on his previous 'Summers With Durham' but it's still a good read and his comments on the FTECB in the Introduction are arguably worth the cover price alone.:D

He was at the Essex match for the three days it was on and I purchased my copy on Thursday and have just finished it today.

In my opinion it falls slightly short on his previous 'Summers With Durham' but it's still a good read and his comments on the FTECB in the Introduction are arguably worth the cover price alone.:D

aye he's pretty scathing in that piece like. falling short of summers with durham is no great shame, it's a tremendous read.

looking forward to swanning around the members area with it under my arm, using it to combat bad light, unexpected showers and the like :lol:

No, I take the opposite view,just dipped in to the Best of Durham and finding it much more interesting than Summers with Durham which I thought was simply a chronicle of our formative 1st class years. Interesting overview of best matches and most influential players in Best. TW is obviously the most qualified to make these judgements having watched them more than anyone during their first 25 years existence as a 1st class county.

Looking forward to reading this, got hold of a copy this week and love his first book. Think I’ve read it cover to cover about 8 times :lol:

Just bought this book through ebay. Good to see Tim signed it as he did with the first book.

Looking forward to reading it.

Back