Tier 4 Here We Come

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we'll see lockdown part 3 announced on the 27th, the last day of the Christmas grace period. I don't think they want to announce it now because they're thinking folk will go mental over Christmas thinking it could be their only fling for a while.
.. Sounds likely.. No point in going passed Tier Three until after Christmas, as no one will take any notice ..

I'm not trying to cause an argument if you look at tiers you could argue that the pubs are the reason why numbers are going up. It's mainly the Tier 2 areas or places that were Tier 2 yesterday which are spiralling out of control and the other only difference is pubs and leisure is open.

You can hate the Tiers as much as you like but the 2 nations in the UK are doing much better than the 2 who aren't especially Wales which is spiralling out of control. Merthyr Tydfil is over 130 / 100k atm or an incident rates of 1300.

Can't see us going into a Tier 4 unless things go south quickly. That'll be for London and Kent which are out of control atm.

Last edited:
So the price to pay for mixing for 5 days is more business out in the cold and not able to reopen, it shows how stupid the idea it is and I feel sorry for all these people just trying to make a living
The lockdowns for January would be happening regardless of mixing at Xmas. Schools are closed for over 2 weeks at Xmas coupled with millions off work, nowhere to go for most, less people on public transport. So there is no guarantee that the infection rates now will change from the path/graph they are on just because of Xmas mixing.

I'm not trying to cause an argument if you look at tiers you could argue that the pubs are the reason why numbers are going up. It's mainly the Tier 2 areas or places that were Tier 2 yesterday which are spiralling out of control and the other only difference is pubs and leisure is open.
Got your tin hat ready???

24,000 a day start of November when the pubs shut.

Average of 12,000 by the end of the month.

I expect that doesnt suit you however so apologies in advance.
Conveniently omitting non essential retail closed during November there. And gyms. And hairdressers. And nail places. And hand car washes.

I see the one man anti pub crusade still has some pace there

Last edited:
Why bother with Lockdowns and still sending schools back? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know the schools are the the main cause for the f***ing spread, lockdown won’t do a thing unless shutting schools are included as part of it.
But we were told children could spread the virus. Could it be that Williamson is either a liar or incompetent, or both?

Why are people still trying to pin the blame on one cause of the spread - its wide range of settings causing it & the more you have open the more it will spread.
Close any part of society down it will drop - open up extra parts of society it will rise - its as simple as that

Why are people still trying to pin the blame on one cause of the spread - its wide range of settings causing it & the more you have open the more it will spread.
Close any part of society down it will drop - open up extra parts of society it will rise - its as simple as that
Absolutely. I work in the HE sector, and we’ve contributed massively to the cases. Personally I think we should have been restricted in September. Especially when loads of places are setup to run online.

basically people spread the horrible thing. And where ever they come together is where it will spread.
Hand car washes in jarra thats the problem
Afaik :lol:
Again, was it just the pubs closed in November? Any reason you’re avoiding the question? Not suit your agenda perhaps?

The worst thing they did was make masks mandatory. We've gone from people safely spaced out in supermarkets and shops etc to people thinking they can get as close to other people as they want as they have a magic mask on.

Yes the science shows masks work in the lab but in conditioned testing. In the real world they only if the wearer plays the game and still stays over a metre away. Go to any supermarket or Primark tomorrow and it'll be obvious why cases are through the roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back