Thomas Cook - going bust?

Probably marra. I don't get involved in it that deeply though. I just wouldn't use as an excuse not to away. Although I holiday outside of the EU anyway as the value of the holidays are shit and most British are treated with contempt.

But if the pound falls against the euro and dollar, the tour company has to either put up its prices or cut its profit margin.

Perhaps, and I mean this without any disrespect at all, perhaps it's a bit more complex than whether you have met anybody "who has said/thought they'd better not go on holiday because we're leaving the EU"?

aye they are using a380s, so im presuming they will be flying into manchester and bussing up to newcastle.

Aye just spoke to CAA rep and they're waiting for the passenger list. She said it'll be a bigger plane what she shouldn't have said is you will be home today.

It might leave at half seven.

But if the pound falls against the euro and dollar, the tour company has to either put up its prices or cut its profit margin.

Perhaps, and I mean this without any disrespect at all, perhaps it's a bit more complex than whether you have met anybody "who has said/thought they'd better not go on holiday because we're leaving the EU"?
I know mate. Others explained the same thing.
Oh well done you, aren’t you a clever little holidaymaker.
It's not my fault you got a shit deal on your last trip to Benidorm. Suck it up marra, I'm sure you'll get a bargain one day.

Last edited:
I know mate. Others explained the same thing.

It's not my fault you got a shit deal on your last trip to Benidorm. Suck it up marra, I'm sure you'll get a bargain one day.
Hundreds of thousands of people affected, thousands of jobs lost and you think posting shit like the above is ok?

Luckily for me I’m not one of them but those that are have my full sympathy. To me, boasting that you’ve saved £300 on next years holiday, at this time is vulgar to say the least.

Hundreds of thousands of people affected, thousands of jobs lost and you think posting shit like the above is ok?

Luckily for me I’m not one of them but those that are have my full sympathy. To me, boasting that you’ve saved £300 on next years holiday, at this time is vulgar to say the least.
I was merely pointing out that other operators are now putting prices up. Well done for jumping in and not reading any other previous posts I made. I'm taking no satisfaction from this whatsoever. Now trot along and take your anger out on someone else.

I can't see how as the company you were paying no longer exists.

The company still exists and will continue to exist until the Registrar of Companies dissolves it. This won't happen until at least 3 months after (1) the Official Receiver applies to the Registrar of Companies for early dissolution; or (2) the liquidator (currently the Official Receiver, this might change) files a final account of the liquidation.

(1) will not happen in this case. It only happens for tiny companies where there is nothing complex.

(2) will take years and years.

The company still exists and will continue to exist until the Registrar of Companies dissolves it. This won't happen until at least 3 months after (1) the Official Receiver applies to the Registrar of Companies for early dissolution; or (2) the liquidator (currently the Official Receiver, this might change) files a final account of the liquidation.

(1) will not happen in this case. It only happens for tiny companies where there is nothing complex.

That was laymen's terms but could equally post 'gone bust'.

I was merely pointing out that other operators are now putting prices up. Well done for jumping in and not reading any other previous posts I made. I'm taking no satisfaction from this whatsoever. Now trot along and take your anger out on someone else.
Not angry in the slightest. You’re coming across like a right dick.

Surely they won't still be taking D/D payments for future holidays they can't deliver on? Or can they?

booked it all online, didnt speak to no one. minimal costs for thomas cook. like i said, their overheads are the high street and the amount of staff they have.
You realise that still means they’re making a loss on your cheap holiday? And that’s the problem?

Back