4. Chelsea 2-0 Southampton
  5. Stoke City 1-1 West Ham
  6. Watford 1-1 Huddersfield
  7. Man City 1-1 Tottenham
  8. West Brom 0-1 Man United
  9. Bournemouth 0-2 Liverpool
  10. Everton 1-0 Swansea City
....... look interesting again ;)

Stoke v West Ham should be one for the purists.

Usual fantastic prize for the best predictions ...........

Leicester 2-1 Palace
Arsenal 3-0 NUFC
Brighton 1-1 Burnley
Chelsea 2-0 Southampton
Stoke 1-1 West Ham
Watford 2-0 Huddersfield
Man City 2-1 Spurs
WBA 0-2 Man Utd
Bournemouth 0-2 Liverpool
Everton 2-0 Swansea

Newcastle to score sir. I feel you are warming to us a tad?

Leicester 2-0 Palace
Arsenal 4-1 Scum
Brighton 0-0 Burnley
Chelsea 3-0 Southampton
Stoke 1-1 West Ham
Watford 1-0 Huddersfield
Man City 3-1 Tottenham
WBA 0-2 Man United
Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool
Everton 2-0 Swansea

As someone who'd like to see Newcastle complete a hat trick of recent relegations here's the perfect, if unlikely, scenario.

I actually do have a feeling Swansea can surprise Everton as it'll be an awkward match for Allardyce to set his team up for.

Palace are unbeaten in 5 games, with 2 wins, which is incredible for a team in the bottom 3.

West Brom did a real job on Liverpool, last week, and will have more confidence going into a home game against Man Utd.

Either. or both, of Stoke and West Ham will obviously pick up points but Stoke are poor at the moment.

Newcastle had the easiest game of the relegation teams last weekend, this week the situation is virtually reversed.

So, this table is possible by the end of this set of games .... just for fun ;)

Leicester 0-1 Palace
Arsenal 20-0 Scum
Brighton 1-0 Burnley
Chelsea 0-1 Southampton
Stoke 0-1 West Ham
Watford 0-1 Huddersfield
Man City 3-1 Tottenham
WBA 1-0 Man United
Bournemouth 1-0 Liverpool
Everton 0-1 Swansea

Huddersfield 21
Brighton 20
Bournemouth 19
Southampton 18
West Brom 17
Crystal Palace 17
West Ham 17
Stoke 16
Swansea 15
Newcastle 15

N.B. If Newcastle go to the bottom it's because of 'net spend' ..... I repeat, 'net spend'.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol: Arsenal 1-1

He wasn't far off to be fair although Arsenal wanted shooting for ...... err, not shooting :confused:

Whatever the case, Newcastle have gone from 6th to 3rd bottom and looking as bad as the last time they went down.

They'll need more than a few January signings to pull this round especially as Moyes, Hodgson, Pardew, Howe, etc are all capable of keeping their team up. Benitez showed, last time, that he struggles to get a team out of a rut and plays too cautiously ..... they failed to score again which is no surprise the way they play, 29% possession and 2 shots on target in the whole game. If Swansea win Benitez will look the fraud I think he is ....
.... but, then again, he has 'net spend' to fall back on ;)

18 Newcastle 18 -11 15
19 West Brom 17 -10 14
20 Swansea 17 -13 12

Champions seems to be settled. I thought it was after he first weekend.
Nothing much to choose between the next five.

The rest and there isn't much to choose between them. It might go down to injuries at the crunch time. Points on board count for Watford and Burnley.

Champions seems to be settled. I thought it was after he first weekend.
Nothing much to choose between the next five.

The rest and there isn't much to choose between them. It might go down to injuries at the crunch time. Points on board count for Watford and Burnley.

The wins for West Ham, Palace and Huddersfield will give West Brom and Swansea a shake.

Anything's possible at the bottom and the Mags are in the worst form of any team.

The wins for West Ham, Palace and Huddersfield will give West Brom and Swansea a shake.

Anything's possible at the bottom and the Mags are in the worst form of any team.

Dropping points at home (to rivals) seems to be what gets a team relegated.

Dropping points at home (to rivals) seems to be what gets a team relegated.

That's true, home games are critical and Newcastle have some tough ones .... Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, etc.

Newcastle now have the worst form of any team and, as we know, it's momentum that determines relegation. Unless Benitez can bring in some real character and professionalism he has a massive job on his hands. He's demoralised his current squad, by repeatedly saying they're not good enough, and now has to somehow attract PL quality players to a relegation battle. Newcastle is not the big draw their supporters believe.

By the time Christmas is over the season will be more than half the way through ....

..... they're really in the clarts yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back