This "travel" & 3 games in a week business!

SAFC1962

Winger
When MB whinged about 3 games in a week (every club in our league has 3 this week), to me it gave people a ready made excuse for a defeat (a bit like Moyse "in a relegation battle" in August).
This travel excuse should have been a non problem. Play Huddersfield, travel onto Birmingham, have a light afternoon training session on Thursday at a midlands club, then a session on Friday, 220 miles less travel, a bit of team bonding, sorted. I was actually really surprised when he said about coming back then setting off again (Saturday excuse - motorway travel on a busy Friday!)

When MB whinged about 3 games in a week (every club in our league has 3 this week), to me it gave people a ready made excuse for a defeat (a bit like Moyse "in a relegation battle" in August).
This travel excuse should have been a non problem. Play Huddersfield, travel onto Birmingham, have a light afternoon training session on Thursday at a midlands club, then a session on Friday, 220 miles less travel, a bit of team bonding, sorted. I was actually really surprised when he said about coming back then setting off again (Saturday excuse - motorway travel on a busy Friday!)
SAFC arent the onlt team required to travel long distances for some (most?) games..
plymouth have it far harder....plymouth aret underperforming relative to their budget and history..
SAFC are..

First week in March we are down to awkward East anglia on the Saturday, back home to play Leicester on the Tuesday, then down to Southampton on the following Saturday

It all seems so simple. Have you ever thought about working for the club?

Sounds good if you have the money to do it. Two nights accommodation instead of four. Saves money!

We could say the players are tired and we have injuries, then Sky and the BBC will mention it at every opportunity till the schedulers take note.

Our travelling fans will manage it and probs fit a couple of shifts in anarl

Fans fault, too much travelling fault…radgie excuses start when results and performances deteriorate.

Tony Ancelotti (sorry, Mowbray, I get confused with some peoples perception of him) suggested just before he left that we hadn’t been able to use the indoor training barn at the AOL because it didn’t suit some players which is hilarious if it actually wasn’t so bloody serious! We must be the only club in the country who build such a facility and then don’t use it. It’s another question for RAWA to ask the club because it seems farcical on the surface-a club based on the north east coast would surely find it essential to have to utilise such a facility regularly during adverse weather? Madness.

How many more excuses? Perhaps people should look closer at more recent recruitment at playing and head coach level for too many poor results and weak performances this season.

They want to work on a building site for a week then they won't complain at all after that about the 3 games in a week carry on

Pah travel, lightweights. Bet they’re not having to travel on a busy train. And with raucous young gentlemen drinking alcohol, alcohol I tell you, at ten in the morning 😉.
Although as someone who occasionally travels to home games on Northern, busy only a relative term here!

Last edited:
Fans fault, too much travelling fault…radgie excuses start when results and performances deteriorate.

Tony Ancelotti (sorry, Mowbray, I get confused with some peoples perception of him) suggested just before he left that we hadn’t been able to use the indoor training barn at the AOL because it didn’t suit some players which is hilarious if it actually wasn’t so bloody serious! We must be the only club in the country who build such a facility and then don’t use it. It’s another question for RAWA to ask the club because it seems farcical on the surface-a club based on the north east coast would surely find it essential to have to utilise such a facility regularly during adverse weather? Madness.

How many more excuses? Perhaps people should look closer at more recent recruitment at playing and head coach level for too many poor results and weak performances this season.
Some players are not allowed to train on it like
Pah travel, lightweights. Bet they’re not having to travel on a busy train. And with raucous young gentlemen drinking alcohol, alcohol I tell you, at ten in the morning 😉.
Although as someone who occasionally travels to home games on Northern, busy only a relative term here!
Sounds awful. Thoughts are with you

Last edited:
Every manager in the same position will use the 3 games in a week excuse, I've heard the best of them use it. Guardiola, Klopp the lot. It isn't a Beale thing.

Back