This situation needs Poyet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic case of getting better the longer they ain’t here, why have him back ffs

Because he is light years ahead of the current manger? And he could also implement a style of play which could see us progress??

Hundsight is a wonderful thing, but going down under Poyet and keeping him at Championship level probably wouldn't have been so bad compared to our eventual heavy decline and fall through the leagues.

Aye he had us playing well, a particular favourite of mine was Bradford away in the cup. After getting pumped by Southampton he was done.

Bradford was a truly horrific performance,only Brown earned anywhere near their wages that day,even our own fans were shindigging with each other,fukn woeful

Good excuse to leave this here

By comparison Argentinas famous 2006 world cup team goal was 24 passes, this was 30 :cool:
Fookin haven't strung 30 passes in a row this enrire season... Brilliant that. I would never have sacked him... BIG mistake.
Yes it's incredible that some idiot fans want him back
Just stick with Parky eh?

Last edited:
He'd given in after spurs away. Players got us out of it not poyet. We need a special kind of character that all managers who've done well here have. That's not poyet imo especially after Southampton which broke him.

Aye he had us playing well, a particular favourite of mine was Bradford away in the cup. After getting pumped by Southampton he was done.
The 0-3 against the Mags was probably the best football we played in the PL. Forget about the 3 in a row, the Great Escape and the cup final. He gave us some of the best memories we'll have.

The 0-3 against the Mags was probably the best football we played in the PL. Forget about the 3 in a row, the Great Escape and the cup final. He gave us some of the best memories we'll have.

And the reason he didn't stay is partly because we had some dreadful times as well. I can't say the Great Escape is something I'd be sharing with the grandkids. I get your point though.

You can imagine his first training session.

Right lads this session was only supposed to last a few minutes. We’ve been here for hours ... one last time...
Step 1 Just pass it to another red and white shirt .. for God’s sake George how many times !!

Funny because George had the highest pass completion rate in his last game.

Poyets second season was similar to O'Neil style of play apart from making 4 passes along the back line. No 20 pass moves against United, no pretty midfield triangle, it was hoofball.

He also caused a fair bit of disruption by constantly wrestling for power with congerton. Add to that putting Whickham back on the wing, I think its fair to say he had thrown a strop and saw something better on the horizon. Didn't quiet work out for him.

Last edited:
Classic case of getting better the longer they ain’t here, why have him back ffs
He probably lasted longer than any other manager son the PL for us in our last stint. So if you assume that our issues aren’t solely to do with a succession of bad managers and are more deep-rooted than that, then it’s fair to say that he coped with the shit better than anyone else. With the possible exception of Big Sam.

Who the fook sanctioned a deal for PP until then? Thought this ownership only believed in dishing out 2 year deals?
Totally agree... Even if he took us down he would never have had us festering in the abyss of 3rd tier oblivion! If we stuck with him we'd be in a better place now.

Last edited:

My heed exploded after the 3rd, partly due to altitude but mainly due to being on the piss until 5am......headache for a Fookin week......

Bet you he’d love to come back too.
one for new owners to consider but as far as Donald is concerned PP is doing fine : we're 11 points clear of the drop with a game in hand !
Any change of manager costs money which comes straight out of Stewy's imaginary profit.

Funny because George had the highest pass completion rate in his last game.
Poyets second season was similar to O'Neil style of play apart from making 4 passes along the back line. No 20 pass moves against United, no pretty midfield triangle, it was hoofball.

The accurate passes were obviously those of less than three feet!

Its laudable your defence of Dobson and obviously people opinions vary but I can honestly say that in my opinion having watched Sunderland for over 50 years he must be one of the most ineffective midfield players we’ve had.

As for Poyet I never saw him as a long term manager here. I got the impression that had any moderately sized club south of Watford made overtures for his services he’d have been off like a shot.

I can sympathise with him for the problems he had in his second season however. If, as he pleaded with them to do, the club made the loan signings of Alonso & Ki permanent and had bought a right back we’d probably been in a far better position to make a go of it.

If anyone thinks getting Poyet back is a good idea think about this.
Our squad isn't capable of playing his brand of football would you accept him coming in if it means writing our chances of promotion off this season and possibly next season to give him the chance to build a squad of his liking?
Personally I would give PP this season to get us up if he doesn't then get rid as soon as we can't get up either as soon as we can't get into the play offs mathematically or we lose the play offs semi final/final and get a new manager in then giving the new man a full summer transfer window and pre season

Logon or register to see this image

He's a walking disaster ffs

AEK Athens
On 29 October 2015, AEK Athens reported that Poyet had agreed in principle to be the club's manager until summer 2016.In February 2016, he guided his team to successive wins against neighbours Olympiacos and Panathinaikos.[41] He was sacked on 19 April 2016

Betis
On 9 May 2016, Poyet had signed a two-year deal with Real Betis.[42] On 12 November 2016, he was sacked and replaced by Víctor Sánchez.[43]

Shanghai Shenhua
On 29 November 2016, Poyet became the manager of Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua.[44] Despite of being blamed by public for poor performance in the league and resigning on 11 September,[45] he was still appreciated by some fans for his contribution to the team's championship in 2017 Chinese FA Cup later in November, including a 1-0 home victory over classic rival Beijing Guoan in 4th round, and a 3-1 away victory over Shandong Luneng in quarter final.

Bordeaux
On 20 January 2018, Poyet became the manager of Ligue 1 side Bordeaux.[46] In August, he was suspended by the club after criticising the sale of Gaëtan Laborde to Montpellier.[47] He was subsequently fired and replaced by Ricardo Gomes on 5 September.[48]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back