This should never be allowed to happen

The Rat

Striker

Kyle Abbott said the same last week

Too far, its a smaller world these days, and I have no problem usually but not internationals who move here to play CC, they can't be considered for England, no matter who they are, these would bother get in our first choice XI, but not fussed

Agreed

I have no real issue with Jof, nor KP - they were prepared to do the hard yards, and didn't represent another nation at the highest level.

But a player for whom playing cricket is a job, moved over because county cricket pays better than their nation (no issue with players doing that, mind), then deciding, having played for their national side, that they'd quite like another crack, but with England - that's not right, and would possibly stop the likes of Bess, Crane, Virdi etc from progressing into the side.

Would he improve the side? With Moeen out of form, yes, 100%.
But it wouldn't be right, at all.

Kyle Abbott said the same last week

Too far, its a smaller world these days, and I have no problem usually but not internationals who move here to play CC, they can't be considered for England, no matter who they are, these would bother get in our first choice XI, but not fussed
Summed it up perfectly

Kepler Wessels played tests for SA and Aus.
Weasels was South African who couldn't play for his country of birth due to the international ban, he also had an Aussie wife and lived in Australia for many years. He never played for South Africa before he played for Australia I believe.

I know its T20 but he showed his quality on Saturday, still a massive no from me, but I think there is a far chance they will consider it, especially if Ali gives up on red ball

There is nobody outside Leach

Dont think they should personally like but i reckon they will he is obviously a class above anything else we currently have in the spin department

its getting more and more mentions in the media, just the odd line here and there, but I am starting to think they will ask the question once he gets his residency

Personally I’m disgusted in how the FTECB treats young spinners, Briggs, Bess, crane, rashid to a lesser extent all been used as drinks waiters around the world at various times

Back