This lad is a credit to our club

Status
Not open for further replies.

As good a job as his parents have done and as proud as they’ll be, that’s exactly what’s wrong with this club.

People far too accepting that SAFC have just finished 5th in the third tier. It’s an outright disaster and a massive inquest needs to be held. Unfortunately we’re praising someone for clapping the opposition fans. Small time as fuck. Wake up people.

As good a job as his parents have done and as proud as they’ll be, that’s exactly what’s wrong with this club.

People far too accepting that SAFC have just finished 5th in the third tier. It’s an outright disaster and a massive inquest needs to be held. Unfortunately we’re praising someone for clapping the opposition fans. Small time as fuck. Wake up people.

Out of curiosity, if he'd stood there and berated the opposition fans, calling them wankers and such-like, would we have played better?

An interesting tactic, which I'm sure the world's top coaches will be interested to hear.

Bellend. One does not follow the other.

What an over reaction to a young lad being graceful in defeat :lol:

It's a brilliant gesture and shows the kid to have a rightly balanced view. Credit to him and to his parents.

People often forget that football's binly a game, and that other teams fans are exactly the same as us but wearing a different top. The more we see things like this, which remove the toxic hatred which is so engrained in the game right now, the better.

Out of curiosity, if he'd stood there and berated the opposition fans, calling them wankers and such-like, would we have played better?

An interesting tactic, which I'm sure the world's top coaches will be interested to hear.

Obviously not, as this happened after we’d already played shite. So this lads reaction was never going to have a bearing on the game.

However the general acceptance of fans towards the sorry state of our club isn’t good enough. When you accept shit, you get shit.

I can hold my hands up and say I could never have done that after that game, maybe after hes been 7 times and not seen us win he'll be windmilling instead of high fiving...fair play to the lad all the same.

Obviously not, as this happened after we’d already played shite. So this lads reaction was never going to have a bearing on the game.

However the general acceptance of fans towards the sorry state of our club isn’t good enough. When you accept shit, you get shit.

Ah, alright.

So if he'd had s go at the Charlton fans, we'd have been better next season.

Fair play, next time I see some Charlton fans I'll call them pricks, and wait for us to sign someone class because of it.

Haway the Lads (Lads Lads)

That has nothing to do with being a good sport after the fact.

You are being absolutely ridiculous.

Bellend. One does not follow the other.

They do, clearly.

We weren’t good enough in the PL, but a few great escapes pulled the wool and people thought everything was ticketyboo.

Relegated to the championship and people believed we’d go straight back up. What a surprise we went down again.

Relegated to league 1 and people believed we’d go straight back up. What a surprise we didn’t and have played some awful football and bottled it.

And yet some people still think it’s acceptable for this club to be in this position. We were in the premier league 3 f***ing years ago and suddenly it’s not all that bad we have finished 5th in league one. The only people worse than JR et al who think we’ve done okay this season is the fans who give them that idea.

We could get relegated from the f***ing football league and some people would think we were doing okay. Bunch of idiots.

They do, clearly.

We weren’t good enough in the PL, but a few great escapes pulled the wool and people thought everything was ticketyboo.

Relegated to the championship and people believed we’d go straight back up. What a surprise we went down again.

Relegated to league 1 and people believed we’d go straight back up. What a surprise we didn’t and have played some awful football and bottled it.

And yet some people still think it’s acceptable for this club to be in this position. We were in the premier league 3 f***ing years ago and suddenly it’s not all that bad we have finished 5th in league one. The only people worse than JR et al who think we’ve done okay this season is the fans who give them that idea.

We could get relegated from the f***ing football league and some people would think we were doing okay. Bunch of idiots.

All that boy is doing is congratulating Charlton on going up.

How the fuck has that got anything to do with accepting anything about our club you moron?

They do, clearly.

Mate, what in fucks name are you in about? Are you suggesting we are in League One because we don't argue with opposition fans enough? Wtf?

Ah, alright.

So if he'd had s go at the Charlton fans, we'd have been better next season.

Fair play, next time I see some Charlton fans I'll call them pricks, and wait for us to sign someone class because of it.

Haway the Lads (Lads Lads)

No, I’m not saying that. However this lad and the people praising his perfectly sum up the apathy and the acceptance that we’ve fallen so far and it’s not all bad.

I was absolutely f***ing livid on Sunday and anyone who is able to go round applauding the other team for getting promoted, in my opinion, isn’t angry enough at the club and the situation. I’m not and I won’t say he should’ve, or anyone should’ve, berated Charlton fans as they were sound.

People should be a lot more angry than they are regarding our situation and we might get somewhere.

All that boy is doing is congratulating Charlton on going up.

How the fuck has that got anything to do with accepting anything about our club you moron?

Because our fans should be far too pissed off at the situation we’ve managed to get ourselves in than to go round congratulating other teams.

Ooh, I dunno. I may be in the minority here – I hope I’m not – but there are many, many more important things in this world than Sunderland AFC. I know sometimes it doesn’t feel like that, but really, if you think about it with a clear head, that is the case.

Here’s a young man who, hopefully, will go out into this world and do good. Will do something in his life as he grows into a man that shows compassion. The ability to be magnanimous. To understand what really matters. And that ain’t football.

Football should never matter more than being a good person. As has been said earlier, he looks like he’s a credit to his family. I hope he does something wonderful in his life.

And if this doesn’t make it clear enough to you, I will say this. I’ve read a lot of ridiculous comments in the past few days, and many more over the years I’ve been engaging with this messageboard.

But yours is the quite simply the worst thing I’ve read on here ever, and by an enormous distance. And that takes some doing. If you are what supporting a team is supposed to be then we are not only done as a football club but as a community.

It’s late. I’m logging off. Suggest some others do the same.

Last edited:
No, I’m not saying that. However this lad and the people praising his perfectly sum up the apathy and the acceptance that we’ve fallen so far and it’s not all bad.

I was absolutely f***ing livid on Sunday and anyone who is able to go round applauding the other team for getting promoted, in my opinion, isn’t angry enough at the club and the situation. I’m not and I won’t say he should’ve, or anyone should’ve, berated Charlton fans as they were sound.

People should be a lot more angry than they are regarding our situation and we might get somewhere.

Because our fans should be far too pissed off at the situation we’ve managed to get ourselves in than to go round congratulating other teams.

Mate, I was and still am angry about the situation. But that's got nothing to do with it.

You can be angry at the club, and still wish Charlton well and be magnanimous. If the anger consumes you to such a point, then you're taking it far too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back