This keano link in the press

I don't think Keane could work with this generation of players. Glued to their phones, headphones never off, the ever increasing language barriers. The game off the field has moved on so much since he was coaching. He'd get too frustrated too quickly

He's said on the Stick to Football podcast he would be happy to work with a director of football but he also talked about a job he nearly took a couple of years ago but the contract offer was too low, I think he was talking about us.

No chance on Roy Keane but there is a very narrow path for Alex Neil to return.
Let’s say, for sake of argument, that we lose 10 in a row. The board could offer AFN the job for six weeks only to get the required 4 points. And he would. Boro did it with Venebles years ago while Robson was manager. The anger from the crowd wouldn’t bother Neil at all.

Imo it's more likely than it was last year because the ownership have backed themselves into a corner and may feel the need to make some popular decisions in the summer or risk losing all support. Not suggesting that the fan base all want keano but I can see the owner meeting his previous demands in a desperate placation of the fans in his eyes. Even if it meant getting rid of CS. Also I think even those who aren't keen on Keane would still be excited if it actually happened, especially is KS was forced out.

Sartori basically insulted him on STID, not a chance Keane comes anywhere near us after that, despite the fact that he still wasn't going to work under our setup as it is.

Just as devil's advocate for those who say Keane wouldn't work under our system.

I listen to Stick to Football podcast with G Nev, Carra, Keane. They had a debate who should be in control of transfers and Keane surprised me in saying that it should be the sporting director. He was actually pretty modern in his opinion saying he thinks it's sensible for clubs to have that in place and he wouldn't mind it.

Tell you what mind I hope we have a manager ready to come in as soon as the full time whistle goes in the last game of the season. Can't hack a whole summer of this shite

Back