This cold/virus that is going around .......

I had it about three weeks ago. Felt a bit off in the pub watching the USA England game, kept coughing all weekend but didn't feel ill. Woke up Monday and it'd hit me like a ton of bricks. Just slept all week to rye and sleep it off

Mate, if its what I've just had, I can only say that it's a type of flu that I've only ever had once before in the 80s.

Stupid temperature. Sensation like a knife to the chest, struggling to breath, aches and pains make it an effort to even get out of bed.

I've had covid five times officially, and it was nothing like this. Tested every day whilst I had a temperature, and now I'm living like a serious asthmatic. My 5yr old had it two weeks before me and is still coughing himself awake at night. 🫥

Mate, if its what I've just had, I can only say that it's a type of flu that I've only ever had once before in the 80s.

Stupid temperature. Sensation like a knife to the chest, struggling to breath, aches and pains make it an effort to even get out of bed.

I've had covid five times officially, and it was nothing like this. Tested every day whilst I had a temperature, and now I'm living like a serious asthmatic. My 5yr old had it two weeks before me and is still coughing himself awake at night. 🫥
Bloody hell, hope you are all Ok with it. Its not that bad at the moment, just the cough is lingering and I can't shift it.
I know a lot of folks have been ill with it, if the symptoms/ cough aren't shifting you may want to get checked out by a doctor in case you need antibiotics or steroids (inhaler, not the crap body builders inject) or summat xc
Aye, one of my colleagues was told they are not giving out antibiotics and to push through with it :(

Last edited:

Same. Exact same symptoms. Fevers and headaches initially. Feel fine now aside from this bastard cough.
My 18th month old son and I are both still coughing, mainly at night, 3 weeks on.

Bloody hell, hope you are all Ok with it. Its not that bad at the moment, just the cough is lingering and I can't shift it.

Aye, one of my colleagues was told they are not giving out antibiotics and to push through with it :(

If it’s viral, antibiotics will do nothing, about as much use as a bottle of water on a house fire.

Every antibiotic item prescribed erroneously or without clinical need, reduces the overall effectiveness of antibiotics in the population.

Same. Exact same symptoms. Fevers and headaches initially. Feel fine now aside from this bastard cough.
My 18th month old son and I are both still coughing, mainly at night, 3 weeks on.
Last night was the first night I slept through for a while, put some vicks on my chest and it seemed to work. You can put it on your feet also, does the job.

Well the little one is eating again, and today is the first day I'm able to leave the house (tempetature beliw 38) so the christmas dream is still alive. My 8 Yr old brought it to the house, and she just had the cough. I'm on steroids, amoxycillin and inhalers to stop the cough. It puts covid to shame (but then I am quad vaccinated so i cant really compare!)

Into about 5th day of it now after it landed on top of the cold I already had for weeks. Absolutely decked, racking cough and clogged lungs. On amoxycillin now (i think maybe to safeguard against pneumonia). Looks like Christmas and the Boxing Day match in the balance for me 😭😭😭
My lass insisted I went to the hospital the other morning. Had the heating on full blast. Two jumpers on and was still shivering like a shitting dog. I’ve never seen so some much phlegm in my entire life.

Eventually got given some antibiotics which seems to have knocked the worst of it on the head and my temperature is down to something sensible. Honestly can’t remember the last time I’ve felt so ill. Definitely worse than how I felt with Covid.

Last edited:
Well the little one is eating again, and today is the first day I'm able to leave the house (tempetature beliw 38) so the christmas dream is still alive. My 8 Yr old brought it to the house, and she just had the cough. I'm on steroids, amoxycillin and inhalers to stop the cough. It puts covid to shame (but then I am quad vaccinated so i cant really compare!)
I was baffled how it's affected people differently. I and me mam were/are rough as anything.
Mate text us night before we played Senegal 'I'm feeling a bit rough so I'm just watching it here if you fancy bringing the beers round'

He seemed right as rain compared to me me just had a bit of a cough :lol:

It's horrendous. Started feel a bit off, then was spewing. Really bad chills and sweats. Second full day I fainted trying to get to the bog. After about day four changed from fever to headache, what felt like bust ribs, red raw throat and a never ending cough.

Back