This board reporting on terrible performance that didn’t really happen - curious

Tin hat on but prior to yesterday’s game, expectations were pretty low due to our current run and the strength of the lineup we were able to field.

Norwich are on a very good run, particularly at home.

I turned up fearing our young team might get overrun.

That’s not what happened, we matched Norwich for the first 55 minutes then gradually we started to outplay them with decent passages of controlled football. Obviously, we are lacking a cutting edge but there were plenty of positive signs to suggest we can still play.

Their goal was a breakaway smash and grab effort which came against the run of play.

The overall sense amongst the home fans was one of relief. Their man of the match had scored with virtually his only touch of the game.

I left the ground feeling robbed but I also felt slightly optimistic about the team, if we can match teams like Norwich when we are at a low ebb then we should be okay going forward.

The way the performance is being described on here by some sounds like a completely different game.

A shoutout to our fans, superb as always.

Tin hat on but prior to yesterday’s game, expectations were pretty low due to our current run and the strength of the lineup we were able to field.

That’s not what happened, we matched Norwich for the first 55 minutes then gradually we started to outplay them with decent passages of controlled football. Obviously, we are lacking a cutting edge but there were plenty of positive signs to suggest we can still play.

Their goal was a breakaway smash and grab effort which came against the run of play.

The overall sense amongst the home fans was one of relief. Their man of the match had scored with virtually his only touch of the game.

I left the ground feeling robbed but I also felt slightly optimistic about the team, if we can match teams like Norwich when we are at a low ebb then we should be okay going forward.

The way the performance is being described on here by some sounds like a completely different game.

Their goal wasn’t a breakaway smash and grab. It was absolutely abysmal defending by onien and then Hjelde who were incapable of defending a very basic flat long ball into our own box. Absolutely embarrassing from both of them.

i wasn't at and didn't see or listen to the game so can't really comment on it. tried to get a balanced picture of how we played from this place taking out the usual reaction after a defeat.
from what i can gather it was the same old. no real threat, the subs improved it a bit and a bit poor defending resulting in the loss.

They were poor but we also looked poor, apart from a few minutes across the game. Poor passing and again mistakes being made at the back. We have enough to stay up but I don't see that as a positive to be honest, as shouldn't be thinking about relegation at all.

The positive for me is that it was more like a Mowbray performance then a Beale performance.
No need to go into Beale's problems in detail but formation not suiting players and focus on shape/lack of movement were noticeably key.
Mowbray's formation suited the players we have and allowed them to move but for all our possession we still sometimes struggled to convert that into chances and goals.
Dodds isn't a miracle worker to be able to fix that overnight. Clarke and Roberts being unavailable just adds to yesterdays difficulty.
But that it was back to a Mowbray performance is a step back in the right direction.

i wasn't at and didn't see or listen to the game so can't really comment on it. tried to get a balanced picture of how we played from this place taking out the usual reaction after a defeat.
from what i can gather it was the same old. no real threat, the subs improved it a bit and a bit poor defending resulting in the loss.
I watched it and we were poor, hardly had a shot, didn't use Hemir who like every other CF we've played this season has been hung out to dry, so sloppy in possession and though Norwich weren't great they controlled a lot of the game quite comfortably, we are just so easy to play against and the defence without Ballard looks weak and clueless, it wasn't great mate...

Norwich were poor though. We were worse.

O'Nien gets far too much credit on here. Good Club player and apparently a great guy to have around.

Personally, think he's a weak link in a Championship team, far too many mistakes and limited ability.

Has a good game here and there.
To me Dan Neil the same sometimes I forget he’s even playing
Our midfield is arguably the worst I’ve seen at championship level

I get tortured on here for trying to defend individuals at our club because the posters on here seem to want a player sold or dropped based on one misplaced pass in a game.

That being said yesterday was not a good performance. Had Norwich been better at finishing I feel it would have been a really had score we gave them plenty of chances.

I watched the game.
We were poor.
We had a decent 5 minute spell in the first half and 10 minutes in the second half where we could have scored.

Too bang average teams, on the balance of the 90 minutes we deserved nothing.

Other observations:
Rigg should be starting every game
And if we had an experienced centre half, a ball winning, established championship midfielder and a striker who could score 15 goals a season, we’d be in danger of being quite a good team.

To me Dan Neil the same sometimes I forget he’s even playing
Our midfield is arguably the worst I’ve seen at championship level
I think Dan Neil could do with someone like Evans playing behind him and Ekwah nowhere near him. Having said that, I’m not sure he’s going to be anything other than a top half Championship player. He’s got age on his side though so we’ll see.

Norwich were poor, yet still won fairly comfortably. We are slow, no intent, no intensity, no attacking threat. God help us against Leicester, they could take us apart

😂😂😂😂

We’ve lost 6 of the last 9 games. That side yesterday not only would be bang in trouble in this league, but would struggle to get out of league one.

Norwich had an off game, but still deservedly beat us. There was no smash and grab about it, Lee Howey on commentary said half way through the second half “how are Norwich not winning here” the stats at that point were so one sided. We then had a spell just before and after there goal, especially after as they sat back to defend the goal.

It also coincided with us bringing Rigg and a couple of others on. We deservedly lost that game because our starting 11 is shocking, plain and simple.

Will they shite change it though because that would mean dropping golden boy Bellingham, and not putting others in the shop window.

Keep clapping by all means if it makes you happy, but if things continue like this we are bang in trouble. Thank god we have as many points on the board as we do already.

Back