Thin Lizzy

I've seen them live at the Customs House in South Shields they're quality.
Saw em before Christmas. Wasn't overly keen on the 'new' guitarist. Then again, I didn't much like the one before him either.

I get why the stick to the tried n tested setlist, but I wish they'd branch out a bit more and cover some of the overlooked album tracks.

Saw em before Christmas. Wasn't overly keen on the 'new' guitarist. Then again, I didn't much like the one before him either.

I get why the stick to the tried n tested setlist, but I wish they'd branch out a bit more and cover some of the overlooked album tracks.

Where as I liked the fact that they did some Thins songs that other Lizzy inspired bands usually don't do.

Seen them maybe five times and dont think the setlist varied much over that time. The "deeper" tracks they play would be Chinatown and Do Anything You Want, but they always play them

Been listening to the Eric Bell era a lot recently. Some great song writing there and Bell's playing is immense. Wharra band man.
Gary Moore said he was Lizzy's best guitarist. Whether he believed that, or said just to piss off Robbo, who knows.
Like what? I've never known them stray very far from the beaten track.
They did in their early days. Saw them do Angel From The Coast, Wild One, Ballad of the Hard Man if memory serves me right.

Haven't seen them for a while, but last time it was very much Live & Dangerous & a couple of their more well known post Robbo period, including the frankly awful Thunder & Lightning

Last edited:
Johnny the Fox Meets Jimmy the Weed
Chinatown

Dear Lord
Warriors
We Will be Strong
And Phil's solo songs
Etc
Standards those two, Chinatown especially.

Seen them do Warriors when playing L&D in full.

Dear Lord and We Will Be Strong are deeper cuts like - it does follow their tendency to lean towards later material to cover though.

They always play the solo hits - Walkways and Out In The Fields. I'd argue they should play neither and stick to Lizzy. I'm not interested in Gary Moore wankathons.
Gary Moore said he was Lizzy's best guitarist. Whether he believed that, or said just to piss off Robbo, who knows.

They did in their early days. Saw them do Angel From The Coast, Wild One, Ballad of the Hard Man if memory serves me right.

Haven't seen them for a while, but last time it was very much Live & Dangerous & a couple of their more well known post Robbo period, including the frankly awful Thunder & Lightning
These are much more like it.

I don't understand how Wild One isn't a formality me. Great song.

Standards those two, Chinatown especially.

Seen them do Warriors when playing L&D in full.

Dear Lord and We Will Be Strong are deeper cuts like - it does follow their tendency to lean towards later material to cover though.

They always play the solo hits - Walkways and Out In The Fields. I'd argue they should play neither and stick to Lizzy. I'm not interested in Gary Moore wankathons.

The first Thins tribute band (and I've seen a load of them over the years) I've seen play Johhny the Fox meets Jimmy the Weed.

Well they certainly did't play it the times I saw them.

I've also been to Dublin to see the Vibe for Philo and Phil's birthday bash and none of the bands played it that I watched at those two events.
:lol: What's wrong with people?

I always thought it was pretty much a standard like.

I reckon a typical Lizzy tribute set (and latter day Philless Lizzy for that matter) would look summit like this:

Jailbreak
Emerald
Waiting For An Alibi
Bad Reputation
Don't Believe A Word (the god awful slow blues version followed by the proper track)
Rosalie
Johnny The Fox
Got To Give It Up
Chinatown
Killer On The Loose
Cold Sweat
Parisienne Walkways
Out In The Fields
Dancing In The Moonlight
Still In Love With You
Cowboy Song
The Boys Are Back In Town
Are You Ready
Suicide
The Rocker
Whiskey In The Jar
Black Rose

Maybe hoy Southbound in there. Black Rose maybe used to do Massacre straight after Dancing, can't remember. They definitely always played Dedication, which drove me nuts.

Neeone'd ever do For Those Who Love To Live, Wild One, owt off Vagabond except The Rocker.

:lol: What's wrong with people?

I always thought it was pretty much a standard like.

I reckon a typical Lizzy tribute set (and latter day Philless Lizzy for that matter) would look summit like this:

Jailbreak
Emerald
Waiting For An Alibi
Bad Reputation
Don't Believe A Word (the god awful slow blues version followed by the proper track)
Rosalie
Johnny The Fox
Got To Give It Up
Chinatown
Killer On The Loose
Cold Sweat
Parisienne Walkways
Out In The Fields
Dancing In The Moonlight
Still In Love With You
Cowboy Song
Are You Ready
Suicide
The Rocker
Whiskey In The Jar
Black Rose

Maybe hoy Southbound in there. Black Rose maybe used to do Massacre straight after Dancing, can't remember. They definitely always played Dedication, which drove me nuts.

Neeone'd ever do For Those Who Love To Live, Wild One, owt off Vagabond except The Rocker.
Angel of Death and Hollywood should be in there too but most of all, Renegade, which to me is one of Lynott`s finest moments.

Angel of Death and Hollywood should be in there too but most of all, Renegade, which to me is one of Lynott`s finest moments.
It wasn't the set I'd like to hear - it's from experience a typical Lizzy tribute set. I'd bin the solo Lynott/Moore efforts off straight away. And Philless Lizzy typically would play Angel of Death.

Limehouse did a verse and chorus of Renegade on request when I saw them before Christmas, but not the whole song.

Now if we're talking ideal Lizzy sets (just gonna edit the above)...

Jailbreak
Emerald
Southbound
Waiting For An Alibi
Bad Reputation
Don't Believe A Word (proper version)
Johnny The Fox
Got To Give It Up
Chinatown
Killer On The Loose
Do Anything You Want To
For Those Who Love To Live
Wild One
Johnny

Dancing In The Moonlight
Massacre
Still In Love With You
Warriors
Cowboy Song
Are You Ready
Suicide
Sha La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La
The Rocker
Whiskey In The Jar
Black Rose

Would love to see stuff like Philomena, She Knows, Romeo & The Lonely Girl, Vagabond Of The Western World, Borderline, Fools Gold, thrown in anarl.

Look at all them songs - wharra band man.

Going to see Limehouse Lizzy next month, anybody seen them on here?

They are superb, even better now with the new lead guitarist.

Just pure magic.They can take me away in my coffin with that.

Last edited:
It wasn't the set I'd like to hear - it's from experience a typical Lizzy tribute set. I'd bin the solo Lynott/Moore efforts off straight away. And Philless Lizzy typically would play Angel of Death.

Limehouse did a verse and chorus of Renegade on request when I saw them before Christmas, but not the whole song.

Now if we're talking ideal Lizzy sets (just gonna edit the above)...

Jailbreak
Emerald
Southbound
Waiting For An Alibi
Bad Reputation
Don't Believe A Word (proper version)
Johnny The Fox
Got To Give It Up
Chinatown
Killer On The Loose
Do Anything You Want To
For Those Who Love To Live
Wild One
Johnny

Dancing In The Moonlight
Massacre
Still In Love With You
Warriors
Cowboy Song
Are You Ready
Suicide
Sha La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La
The Rocker
Whiskey In The Jar
Black Rose

Would love to see stuff like Philomena, She Knows, Romeo & The Lonely Girl, Vagabond Of The Western World, Borderline, Fools Gold, thrown in anarl.

Look at all them songs - wharra band man.
So many to chose from, but would have to add Opium Trail & Killer Without A Cause - some of Robbo's angriest (and best) work
Slow things down for a bit with Eire - superb from Eric Bell
Get people dancing with Sugar Blues & a track I've never seen either Lizzy or any cover bands playing.....Fats

Back