Thin Lizzy

Love the song writing in that one. Cinematic.
Contains arguably the best solo Scott Gorham did while in the band ....his solo in Romeo and The Lonely Girl being the other imo. Scott didnt have the same fire that both Robbo and Gary brought to the band .....but some of his solos are just masterpieces. His solo on Dancing in the Moonlight is another....nothing flash, just melodic and truly memorable

Might listen to JTF all the way through today, long time since I did that for sure .
Its absolutely brilliant if played sequentially until the final two songs which ( imo ) just arnt as strong
Seen them maybe five times and dont think the setlist varied much over that time. The "deeper" tracks they play would be Chinatown and Do Anything You Want, but they always play them
Both of which made the top 20 in the UK singles chart iirc
Really? I'm sure Black Rose and Thyn Lizzy used to play it, and seen Limehouse do it quite a bit.
Black Rose were great....and they always used to play the track Black Rose iirc ( usually as the final song of their set where they would add their own little Irish Reel at the end.... great stuff

Last edited:
Its absolutely brilliant if played sequentially until the final two songs which ( imo ) just arnt as strong

Both of which made the top 20 in the UK singles chart iirc

Black Rose were great....and they always used to play the track Black Rose iirc ( usually as the final song of their set where they would add their own little Irish Reel at the end.... great stuff
Fair point, not really deep tracks I'd admit

Back