THE WHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

these blokes are off there chops

The World Health Organization (WHO) has urged people to wear masks at Christmas family gatherings as it warns of a new surge in coronavirus cases.

also suggests we have our Christmas dinner outdoors...aye nee bother

Only the adults have to wear facemasks, the kids are alright.

WHO seem to offer the most obvious advice, I’ve never heard them say anything new or revealing.
They repeat over and over again the same old shite.
I’m sure behind the scenes they must offer a service to the world just unsure what it is.
They can’t even access China as they don’t have enough clout.
Can understand the logic of a central organisation, just don’t see its value, and how it’s worked during the epidemic.

it is daft advice, but not sure what else they can say really. It sort of supports the view that meeting up with elderly/sick relatives this year is probably a bad idea - either really miserable and weird or simply pretty dangerous. shite but best to just ride out the next few months and hopefully get back to something approaching normal afterwards

P.S.
Great band

it is daft advice, but not sure what else they can say really. It sort of supports the view that meeting up with elderly/sick relatives this year is probably a bad idea - either really miserable and weird or simply pretty dangerous. shite but best to just ride out the next few months and hopefully get back to something approaching normal afterwards

P.S.
Great band
Not saying it’s daft, saying they repeat the same info over and over again.
What part have they played in this epidemic?
Maybes I’m naive and dont understand what there role is and what they have done.
If I watch a WHO briefing, it’s nothing new.

Yes great band :)

Not saying it’s daft, saying they repeat the same info over and over again.
What part have they played in this epidemic?
Maybes I’m naive and dont understand what there role is and what they have done.
If I watch a WHO briefing, it’s nothing new.

Yes great band :)
i hadnt read your post, sorry. was just replying to the original post.
By daft advice i mean who is really going to sit round the christmas dinner table wearning a mask. the after dinner games will be a right laugh. Its probably the best they can offer given the situation though.

And 'eat outdoors' or open the windows to let fresh air in.

So we stay safe from Covid but die from pneumonia.

Unfortunately yeah.
Desperate to see the folks at christmas as they want to see the grandkids but if you think about having to any of that sort of stuff to make it as safe as possible its just not worth it. sounds shit and miserable so better off not bothering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back