The verdict Ashes special 1030am Sunday 10 September

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen cartwright

Just a heads up that they are having an hour's worth with the sky commentators picking their squads.

Just a heads up that they are having an hour's worth with the sky commentators picking their squads.
And a very informative programme it was. Warne states that Perth is no longer lightning fast but comparitivly flat taking spin late on. Brisbane likewise. Also the shortcoming of England's early order is insignificant as conditions in Aussie will be completely different. So they stick with Westley and Rocky, quite confident that Rocky will do well. Quite concerned about the bowling with Anderson, in particular , having a very moderate record in Australia.

And a very informative programme it was. Warne states that Perth is no longer lightning fast but comparitivly flat taking spin late on. Brisbane likewise. Also the shortcoming of England's early order is insignificant as conditions in Aussie will be completely different. So they stick with Westley and Rocky, quite confident that Rocky will do well. Quite concerned about the bowling with Anderson, in particular , having a very moderate record in Australia.
I wonder if by using drop-in pitches the aussies are going to bugger up their fast bowlers for the future - similar to the low/slow pitches that are apparently being used in the Caribbean.

australia: your top order will be fine, stick with it, you'l be class. honestly.

us: aye reeto

australia: your top order will be fine, stick with it, you'l be class. honestly.

us: aye reeto
Warne was very critical about Westley and had reservations about Stoneman. Bayliss should be fully aware of how the current Perth wicket plays.

an enjoyable programme with some laugh out loud moments

one strange thing, was when gower apologized for some bad language, which all the others looked totally bamboozled by.

i didn't hearing swearing, did anyone else?

It is a shame that Sky dont have this series their cricket coverage is superb. Although the last tour down under was a disaster it was almost worth it to see Bob Willis get stuck in on the Verdict.
Swann alone puts me off BT and you cant escape him on TMS either.

Last edited:
It is a shame that Sky dont have this series their cricket coverage is superb. Although the last tour down under was a disaster it was almost worth it to see Bob Willis get stuck in on the Verdict.
Swann is a kernt but hopefully he’ll abandon his colleagues and country halfway through this tour anarl

The traitor

Warne was very critical about Westley and had reservations about Stoneman. Bayliss should be fully aware of how the current Perth wicket plays.

he should also be fully aware of how potential england players and even those selected plays but erm...

as always in the desperate scramble for competition to 'improve' what is on offer to the paying public we end up with a worse service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back