The value of Modern Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is definitely a very valuable player who for the most part goes unnoticed. He is comparable with Grieg as they started at similar ages at international level but you certainly can't with Sobers he must have been about 21 when he had played a similar amount of tests.

Interesting to compare that to Stokes who will get to 2000 runs pretty quickly but take longer to get the 100 wickets.

Stokes as 32 games 1902 runs and 79 wickets (excluding the current match) - at that rate it will take him to 50/51 games to get it.

Interesting to compare that to Stokes who will get to 2000 runs pretty quickly but take longer to get the 100 wickets.

Stokes as 32 games 1902 runs and 79 wickets (excluding the current match) - at that rate it will take him to 50/51 games to get it.
wouldn't it be more like 40 games based his current strike rate etc..

He is definitely a very valuable player who for the most part goes unnoticed. He is comparable with Grieg as they started at similar ages at international level but you certainly can't with Sobers he must have been about 21 when he had played a similar amount of tests.
Not trying to say he is anywhere near Sobers, that would be absurd.

I'm simply saying he is an underrated cricketer

Took 2 excellent catches in the 2nd innings as well. Can remember him taking some important ones too over the years. Proper 3 dimensional cricketer. Absolute class. Having him and Stokes in the middle order is mint, frees up so many bowling options.

7th Englishman to 2,000 runs and 100 wickets
2nd quickest in 38 tests behind Tony Greig who took 37
10 tests quicker than the greatest all rounder ever, Sir Gary Sobers

Some player is Modern

I like him. Seems to be growing into his role. He definitely seems to know he belongs now. Hope he plays all 3 formats for a long time yet.

Im sure I read somewhere that he scored the most centuries by a English batter last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back