The vaccine thread

I'm a frontline worker in the health sector and was promised early vaccination, now slots are limited and I won't be vaccinated. I have to wait my turn, probably in the Summer. Yet another fuck up.

Last edited:
Going back to the 12 week debate/debacle that’s rumbling on...

Odd one that, uk gov have seen Pfizer data wk 4-12 that shows they are ‘confident ‘ if it’s effectiveness with a 12 week delay

Pfizer have have said second dose should be used after 21 days and there is no evidence to say it works with a different regime

Both comments seem a little inconsistent....

Some need to be stored at minus pumph and others can be slung in an ordinary fridge. Are there any that can be stored down the underpants during a 10 mile run in the worst heatwave on record...does anyone know?

I'm just trying to get my head around what's what, or what isn't actually, what, if you know what I mean.

What about the rest of us who are at 50 million in the que?
I'd be surprised if you are waiting till the summer mind being a frontline health worker. What makes you think it will be thr summer?
The issue is you have to book both doses together. There is a slot for the first shot but no slot available for the second before the end of April so I can't get the first shot.
Really, that's worrying. You working NHS or private?
I work as a council support worker and was promised vaccination within two weeks.

Last edited:
The issue is you have to book both doses together. There is a slot for the first shot but no slot available for the second before the end of April so I can't get the first shot.

I work as a council support worker and was promised vaccination within two weeks.

I would keep pushing for it perhaps through union?

I was told yesterday that private therapists who are seeing clients face to face can get written confirmation from their governing bodies to confirm frontline status to give to GP's to be vaccinated earlier. So I assumed the plan was to push teachers, support workers etc up the priority lists. I am not going to though as I don't feel I see enough clients in person to warrant it.

Is that German paper the equivalent to The Sun over here?

8%. :lol:

Bild reported on it but the original story came from a German financial/business paper that is quite reputable.

People saying the story is rubbish because it came from Bild is like saying the Sun is rubbish for repeating something the Financial Times reported on.

Not saying the claim is true of course just saying it originated in a reputable paper and so this is a more serious matter.

I would keep pushing for it perhaps through union?

I was told yesterday that private therapists who are seeing clients face to face can get written confirmation from their governing bodies to confirm frontline status to give to GP's to be vaccinated earlier. So I assumed the plan was to push teachers, support workers etc up the priority lists. I am not going to though as I don't feel I see enough clients in person to warrant it.
I work with people who have reduced immune systems and other things beside. I don't understand how a system is operating where you can have a slot for the first shot yet doesn't leave a slot for the second automatically. No second slot no first shot.

I work with people who have reduced immune systems and other things beside. I don't understand how a system is operating where you can have a slot for the first shot yet doesn't leave a slot for the second automatically. No second slot no first shot.

Seems stupid as you say. Wonder if this is to do with supply levels?

Speak to you supervisor. Lots of people have highlighted this but it is easy to get round judging by the amount of people being vaccinated regardless of this hitch.
Loads of volunteers being vaccinated now. I mean right now. It's not a showstopper and you should push for it judging by your job.

Odd one that, uk gov have seen Pfizer data wk 4-12 that shows they are ‘confident ‘ if it’s effectiveness with a 12 week delay

Pfizer have have said second dose should be used after 21 days and there is no evidence to say it works with a different regime

Both comments seem a little inconsistent....

Many forgetting this is not the government call it’s down to JCVI and PHE, JCVI is certainly full of very capable scientists who are more than qualified to make the call, media need to ask them questions not the politicians

It’s not confirmed whether the vaccine stops you transmitting to he virus so it could well be irrelevant if you get the vaccine or not in the context of the people you support.

I don’t understand in fact I’m at a total loss, yo say you can get a slot now for 1st jab and a second won 12 weeks later at the end of April which is the official vaccination policy, what’s the problem?

Back