The vaccine thread

Norway and Denmark suspend Astra Zeneca vaccination after blood clot problems.

Just reading about that now, it is concerning but so far any suspension is precautionary. An estimated 22 people have suffered from thromboembolic events from 3 million vaccinations, which is in line with the standard level of events.

Have any side affects like this been reported in the UK who have administered circa 23 million vaccinations? not sure how many are AZ.

I think the concern is that, while the number of people who have suffered thromboembolic events isnt significant, two people who have suffered received the same batch in a small timeframe, I think, which has spooked certain countries.
To put the number of thromboembolic cases into context (as i dont want to spook people away from a vaccine)if 22 people have had, which to be fair is a serious complication, then that is 22 out of 3,000,000 which is about 0.00073%.

Last edited:
Just reading about that now, it is concerning but so far any suspension is precautionary. An estimated 22 people have suffered from thromboembolic events from 3 million vaccinations, which is in line with the standard level of events.

Have any side affects like this been reported in the UK who have administered circa 23 million vaccinations? not sure how many are AZ.

I think the concern is that, while the number of people who have suffered thromboembolic events isnt significant, two people who have suffered received the same batch in a small timeframe, I think, which has spooked certain countries.
To put the number of thromboembolic cases into context (as i dont want to spook people away from a vaccine)if 22 people have had, which to be fair is a serious complication, then that is 22 out of 3,000,000 which is about 0.00073%.
Very good summing up. Sounds like you know your way around these medical terms 😊

Most of the information was taken from the BBC article to be fair I just added the percentages to it and my own style of poor grammatical English.

here is the article if you would like to read it.

Italy and Iceland joined the list, sounds like a dodgy batch ABV 2856, check your tickets.

Italy and Iceland joined the list, sounds like a dodgy batch ABV 2856, check your tickets.

If that is the case hopefully it will mean more stringent checks going forward. there must be a lot of pressure to get these out the door. I wonder if it was from one particular lab? I note a spokesperson from AZ daid it was unlikely a bad batch, but i guess they would have to say that.

Is there any data from the UK do you know? we must have loads somewhere given the levels of vaccinations?

If that is the case hopefully it will mean more stringent checks going forward. there must be a lot of pressure to get these out the door. I wonder if it was from one particular lab? I note a spokesperson from AZ daid it was unlikely a bad batch, but i guess they would have to say that.

Is there any data from the UK do you know? we must have loads somewhere given the levels of vaccinations?
Data on the batches ? Or data on the adverse reactions ?

Data on the batches ? Or data on the adverse reactions ?

I was mainly thinking about the adverse reactions, I was wondering if the complications are typical of the vaccine rollout or whether, like black cat in france says isolated to a specific batch. The only things I had heard until now were the two people at the beginning who had an anaphylactic reaction. The uk should be a hot bed of AZ data.

Thrombosis risk is around 1 in 1000 annually so in a population of 3 million you would have a background rate of 3000 clots each year so 22 isnt a large number

I guess the issue may be there is a cluster somewhere which has caused concern so its right to hold the vaccine until they investigate. As other vaccines are now available hopefully it wont cause too much of a slow down in the program

I was mainly thinking about the adverse reactions, I was wondering if the complications are typical of the vaccine rollout or whether, like black cat in france says isolated to a specific batch. The only things I had heard until now were the two people at the beginning who had an anaphylactic reaction. The uk should be a hot bed of AZ data.

This is the AZ file, thorough it is, that's for sure. I think a lot of the reactions have to be just coincidental.

This is the AZ file, thorough it is, that's for sure. I think a lot of the reactions have to be just coincidental.

I found what i think it AstraZeneca's official report and there are quite a few issues on there which are not mentioned on the .gov website. Im not going to post the link on here in case it has an adverse affect on peoples vaccine anxiety. i will still be getting mine.

But thanks for the link anyway. Appreciated.

Last edited:

The EU have approved the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and I think we're due to approve it in the next week or two ourselves. It's a one shot jab. We've ordered 30 million and deliveries are in April, I believe. America approved it last week and have first dibs because of Operation Warp Speed.

Fantastic, aren't we getting Moderna in April as well? If so you can see why the government are confident of hitting their targets for vaccinations.

The EU have approved the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and I think we're due to approve it in the next week or two ourselves. It's a one shot jab. We've ordered 30 million and deliveries are in April, I believe. America approved it last week and have first dibs because of Operation Warp Speed.

That's good news. A one shot vaccination will be great for the speed of the global vaccination program.

Would rather is wasn't Johnson and Johnson mind. There is just something wholly untrustworthy about them. I hope it's been thoroughly vetted.

I would still take it like. Just would rather it wasn't them.

Last edited:

Back