The usual recommend me a camera thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny

Midfield
I'm looking for a new camera for when my hasselblad is overkill.
Something that is very compact, don't want a bridge or slr.
However it must be able to shoot raw and be fully manual.
Anybody got any recommendations?
I've had a quick look and the fuji x100 I think seemed nice but at £750 also seemed a bit steep for a holiday camera essentially.
About £300 would probably be the top end of the budget.
Thanks for your help.

I've got the S100 (Canon). I'm still learning what it has to offer, has loads of shooting options and I believe can shoot RAW.

Have a look at Alexander White's book for the product.
Can buy from under £300 to over £400 - need to shop around.

Very confused now.
Had a little play in Jessops, The S100 is a little too small and perhaps just felt a little bit too much like a compact. I am very drawn to the Fuji X10 tough seemed a bit different, both about £300.
A lot of people are also recommending me the Canon G12.

Anybody have any experience with either the G12 or the X10.
I realise these are both bigger than my "very compact" which I mentioned in my first post.

Very confused now.
Had a little play in Jessops, The S100 is a little too small and perhaps just felt a little bit too much like a compact. I am very drawn to the Fuji X10 tough seemed a bit different, both about £300.
A lot of people are also recommending me the Canon G12.

Anybody have any experience with either the G12 or the X10.
I realise these are both bigger than my "very compact" which I mentioned in my first post.
The reason I said S100 is because you asked for recommendations for something very compact. The G12 is good, but not as good as the S100 IMO.

Maybe take a look at Fuji like you suggested.

What I was trying to post but couldn't (as an edit), was that I don't think the Fuji is double the price, for some reason I thought it was £499. :confused:

Thanks for all your help.
Peachbum your comparison chart was very helpful.
I knew I had made a mistake when i said very compact.
As usual it boils down to what felt right in my hands!
I think i'm going to go for the Fuji, Its raw files seem a bit poor when processed in 3rd party software but it makes up for it with great in camera processing. (hopefully).

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back