The Trip

Stayed at hipping Hall, food and service fantastic but sure it was closing so don't know who's got it now.
Worked at the Angel years ago, been back as a customer when Michael wignall took over and it's fantastic, probably the best food and service of anywhere I've eaten.

For some reason out of the blue I’ve just been reminded of Chocolate Daddy and spent the last 5 mins waiting for a coffee to brew reading those pages of the thread :lol:

Just did a quick Google and the most recent review of her services (June 2023) reads:

I saw her a while back and can concur with this. She forgot I was coming, ate food during out meet and was almost disengaged with the session. Poor service.

Love the series
In the Spain one they stopped at a Parador I popped into for a beer in 1988 on a motorbike road trip . Middle of nowhere . I recognised it as soon as they turned the bend .
I’ve eaten at one of the restaurants in the Spanish series - Asador Exterbarri. Must have been about in 2017. It is now rated fourth best restaurant in the world in that annual ranking by sponsored by San Pelegríno. Really enjoyable meal but how it can be ranked so high is a bit of a puzzle. Would definitely go back, located in the tiny little village, in the Basque Country.

I’ve eaten at one of the restaurants in the Spanish series - Asador Exterbarri. Must have been about in 2017. It is now rated fourth best restaurant in the world in that annual ranking by sponsored by San Pelegríno. Really enjoyable meal but how it can be ranked so high is a bit of a puzzle. Would definitely go back, located in the tiny little village, in the Basque Country.
This was the place I popped into
Bit ragtag we were but they happily let us have a cold beer on the Terrace . They stayed there on the Trip .

Back