The Sun’s NE reporter says Heckingbottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmm. Joining a club bottom of the championship with no money to spend for the foreseeable future. Why bother ?

Would be another underwhelming choice. Grayson's appointment was met with a collective shrug but after the collapse of the takeover it was almost like we had to make an appointment but Heck this feels like another kick in the teeth.

How have we gone from Allardyce and top half of the premier league form to fawning over Barnsley's manager in such a short space of time?

What a mess.

Hardly inspiring but it's giving a young manager a go. It's better than appointing a has been who has numerous failures to his name

It's still not what's needed. He won't be given either time or money and he most likely will have a very dubious fanbase to convince.

It needs a Roy Keane type appointment and it needs a change of policy by the owner. This is nothing more than shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic.

He is NOW number one choice....wonder how far down the original list he is.

He might do a job if given time and backed financially but either of those scenarios look unlikely. Another patsy getting sacked early as he adds his name to the roster of failure is the most likely outcome.

I don't think he was on the original list let alone a long way down it.

Heckingbottom..he's a Barnsley lad and has a good thing going there..why the hell would he leave to come here..apart from the obvious money like.

Because he’ll never have another opportunity to manage such a big clu... wait did you say Grayson or Heckingbottom ?

Huge gamble

Mmmm. Joining a club bottom of the championship with no money to spend for the foreseeable future. Why bother ?

As a young and up and coming manager its the chance to manage and save a big club = big headlines.

For an end of the road manager it doesnt really matter if they fuck up - damage is horrendous already and they can blame others whilst getting a massive pay day.

Instead of asking why a manager would - id ask why not!

I believe the club will happily pay compensation, good wages and back a new manager.

Short hasn't stopped putting money in, just wants to see it used better.

The last manager certainly wasn't backed. And the bit in bold is blatantly untrue if you look at what happened in the summer. It was back to mid-term Murray levels of spending man.

I work with a Barnsley fan, they reckon there’s no way he’d leave unless it was for a club ‘on the up’

Not really. Whoever comes in will have a tough job
Rather get someone who wants to be here
f***ing he'll. Can you remember Moyers? 2 games in and we were ducked. He didn't want to be here but still sat spreading his doom and gloom and picking up his salary. Disgusting specimen
I don’t really mean he is worrying I know very little about him. More that either we are two weeks in and the club have only just identified the no.1 target or he is somewhat down the list of targets.

The last manager certainly wasn't backed. And the bit in bold is blatantly untrue if you look at what happened in the summer. It was back to mid-term Murray levels of spending man.

I chose my words carefully mate.

Short cracked the whip, Bain went top far but money will now be spent.

That's my honest opinion.

IF it is him, how has it took so long ? Surely he would have been under consideration in the summer if that was the case so Bain should have already done his homework on him

An unappetising proposition the Safc job ?
Might seem that way to us in our depressed, negative frame of minds, but there will be plenty wanting it.
Why ?
Ego.
Anyone with an ounce of grey matter knows that if you get it right here, you will be lauded to the skies.
And the bar is depressingly low at the moment, so even ensuring survival will be a positive for whoever comes in.
HTFL.

Time will tell. I'm not going to write him off.
Of course but it's not exactly what people were hoping for. But it was always the most likely kind of appointment. Jury is well out on him obviously but wish the bloke luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back