Poster with Venison in Strokes font etc
Music press got hold of it
Tickets were due to be on sale at noon
I turned up at 8
Queue got bigger
And bigger
It was all a scam by the ex manager of the venue

:lol: f***ing hell, disaster.

DIdn't know they were still doing stuff. Was it Albert Hammond Jnr had an album out in the last month. Listened a few times and it was canny.

Lost interest in the Strokes after the second album like. Would still like to see them live again.
My daughter interviewed Albert Hammond Jnr for a local radio station, she has meet him a couple of times, she reckon's he a really grounded nice bloke not up his own arse like some big name pop star's can be.

It was the queue for tickets. And the staff turned up having seen the twitter also, and were pushed by Camden market security to move people inside as was disrupting the market

Crackers. Not a chance I'd turn up for work on the back of gossip and rumour.

I also wasn't aware that the strokes were so popular that a twitter rumour could lead to hundreds (thousands?) turning up from all over Britain and venue staff rocking up for work on the off chance tickets had been printed without their knowledge.

Crackers. Not a chance I'd turn up for work on the back of gossip and rumour.

I also wasn't aware that the strokes were so popular that a twitter rumour could lead to hundreds (thousands?) turning up from all over Britain and venue staff rocking up for work on the off chance tickets had been printed without their knowledge.
It wasn’t rumours. The venue posted it.

And their last London gig was 50,000 people man. And they haven’t played for ages

It wasn’t rumours. The venue posted it.

And their last London gig was 50,000 people man. And they haven’t played for ages

that makes more sense although I'd still have thought the staff turning up would have been aware because they'd have been responsible for printing tickets i would have thought?

genuinely wasn't aware of the size of the Strokes following.

that makes more sense although I'd still have thought the staff turning up would have been aware because they'd have been responsible for printing tickets i would have thought?

genuinely wasn't aware of the size of the Strokes following.
Was only announced the day before. And it was meant to be “secret”, but aye was chaos. But it was a hoax, so they did their best

They’re absolutely huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back