The Spirit of 37 - WE ARE GO FOR LAUNCH - Wembley Display

No need to apologise mate. I was a bit OTT in wanting Johnson out just as others had blind faith in him.

If we win next week it’ll be the first time in a long time the whole club will be pulling in the same direction, and that’ll be difficult to stop.

You got any drunk mates?
Just been saying this. The team and the fans are more together as a group than they have in years.
Just need CM and SD out and things will be perfect ….
Donated and thanks for organising this

Not a player. We get to see who the anonymous donors are. Wasn’t a player but I won’t break their confidence. We also had a £388 donation.
No absolutely not, totally agree.
Just thought it was a possible.

There no way of dropping a hint to the squad, sure they would like to contribute in some small way ?

No absolutely not, totally agree.
Just thought it was a possible.

There no way of dropping a hint to the squad, sure they would like to contribute in some small way ?

If the massive red and white stripes that covered a whole stand wasn’t a hint then I dunno what we can do tbh😂

If they see it, great, but I’d rather they focus on beating WW at the minute.

If the massive red and white stripes that covered a whole stand wasn’t a hint then I dunno what we can do tbh😂

If they see it, great, but I’d rather they focus on beating WW at the minute.
Haha aye I know....just thought they might not be aware of the fact the graft you are all putting in to put on a display at Wembley and how much you need.

Kind of agree...
Though a slight change to
This Is Sunderland...or
We Are Sunderland, would be better for me.
I think some people are associating it with the Welcome to Hell type message a la Galatasaray etc but to me it was a cheap, tacky sign that Sunderland Council gave to the club (used to be used for Sunderland Illuminations) and Murray put it at the back of the Fulwell at a time when Roker Park was a pale shadow of its former self after the previous demolition of the majority of the Roker End. As well as that crap sign you had naff stuff like that scoreboard with attack attack attack and such like on. You want our home at the SOL to be intimidating and classy, not naff and soft.

I’m all for the other ideas mooted since the inception of Spirit of 37 who have taken Ha’way the Flags up several levels-flags and banners with emotional statements on them, with club icons and legends on them, stuff on all the gangways and prominent positions etc..

Regarding the East Stand roof opposite the tunnel, we should have something like We are Sunderland or Sunderland Til I Die (synonymous with the club post Netflix in particular)-something emotional, not something soppy and wet like Welcome to Sunderland ffs!

Well done Spirit of 37-top work!

A lot to some people. Don't be insensitive just because you think it's fine. Some might be happy to put £1 or £2 in. Just my opinion.

Yes well then they don't donate mate. No one is being forced to. A minimum of £5 is fine. Most will donate more than that imo.
See the Mags are copying 😃

They copied off Ha'way The Flags initially. Even their name sounds similar.

Last edited:
I think some people are associating it with the Welcome to Hell type message a la Galatasaray etc but to me it was a cheap, tacky sign that Sunderland Council gave to the club (used to be used for Sunderland Illuminations) and Murray put it at the back of the Fulwell at a time when Roker Park was a pale shadow of its former self after the previous demolition of the majority of the Roker End. As well as that crap sign you had naff stuff like that scoreboard with attack attack attack and such like on. You want our home at the SOL to be intimidating and classy, not naff and soft.

I’m all for the other ideas mooted since the inception of Spirit of 37 who have taken Ha’way the Flags up several levels-flags and banners with emotional statements on them, with club icons and legends on them, stuff on all the gangways and prominent positions etc..

Regarding the East Stand roof opposite the tunnel, we should have something like We are Sunderland or Sunderland Til I Die (synonymous with the club post Netflix in particular)-something emotional, not something soppy and wet like Welcome to Sunderland ffs!

Well done Spirit of 37-top work!
Fully agree with you mate...
That's why I suggested a change to
We are Sunderland ...or
This is Sunderland

What an outstanding effort this has been. I haven't been able to contribute as much as I would have liked this week due to work commitments but to see the amount of work that goes in behind the scenes is an absolute privilege.

Thank you to everyone for believing in us...

5 lads had a dream...

Back