The Spirit Of 37 - Upcoming displays

s
Pretty sure they’ve said everything they need to say on here about it to be fair. Then coming back out & bringing it back up after they’ve stepped away wouldn’t look great on them.

Time to let the new people get on with it. Be nice to see the flags back.
Sorry i missed that!... sad to see them go to be honest some one here and the club hierarchy need to give their heeds a shake !were you one of the gang who were questioning their honesty??Im sure if they wanted to answer they would without! my PM box is not full yet!One minute their being mentioned in the RAWA meeting then they are gone!They went from being a enthusiastic bunch willing to go the extra mile as supporters to skulking off into the sunset..... if i had a rabbit it would be off !and im not on social media but if it was anything like some of the coments on here I can see why they packed it in!

the echo article posted on FB today about the new group is riddled with toxic comments against So37, still accusing them of all sorts of fraud and the likes.

The club were very difficult to work with for S037. Constant promise of new storage that stopped expensive flags / banners from getting wet / ruined went undelivered. The club rightly or wrongly stopped 2 displays from happening v Newcastle (sportswashing, which was actually approved then stopped) and then another vs Middlesbrough but I don’t know details on that. SO73 were promised a meeting with the club which also didn’t happen. The lads doing it gave up loads of their own time and generally were very under appreciated by the club who still to this day continue to use their images from displays on their social media / promotions etc.

I think the lads doing it just felt taken for granted and felt like those running the club didn’t care about them or the fans which you can’t blame them for one bit. They then publicly criticised / insulted KLD / Speakman via their SO37 twitter account numerous times which probably ended any chance of any sort of revival even if the club could’ve potentially convinced the lads to carry on which was doubtful anyway.

So to summarise, the club are the reason they wrapped in mainly with the added insult that some of our own idiotic fans on twitter accused them of stealing from them. The ‘Wor Flags’ fan group also publicly criticised them and their displays which was a very sly move imo. They get funding from their Saudi owners (which they hide from the public) in order to make their displays as good as they are. The SO37 team relied solely on fan funding and did a great job, you’d think from one fan group to another there’d be a bit of mutual support even if we hate each other, but the mags couldn’t even manage that.
Thanks disco!this is shocking from the club yet again! some of our fans ans some one here have been a bit shitty too!I just remember them being so emthusiastic,a breathe of fresh air and to end up like this is redolant of the demise at our club and the clowns that run it!

Can I have the Luke 09 flag or the Dan Neil one if it’s not being used anymore please? Who do I need to ask? I can bring it back if it starts up again no problem. Thanks

I can’t remember who posted it but someone thought a major reason why they weren’t supportive was because they were concerned they’d create a Sunderland version of the Union Bears/Green Brigade/the palace ultras.

I actually suspect there’s some truth in that
Do you have any evidence mate? ..Were you one of the folk calling them thieves? back up this what to me looks like nonsence or claim the fuc*wit crown!! its beseless somments like yours that give this place a bad name!

New fans group been set up? Referenced in the tweet from James Copley

Last edited:
Do you have any evidence mate? ..Were you one of the folk calling them thieves? back up this what to me looks like nonsence or claim the fuc*wit crown!! its beseless somments like yours that give this place a bad name!

Are you pissed? I have never called them thieves - in fact I’ve been extremely supportive.

I was saying that a reason the club weren’t supportive was because they feared they’d have too much influence - just like the Union Bears etc.

Are you pissed? I have never called them thieves - in fact I’ve been extremely supportive.

I was saying that a reason the club weren’t supportive was because they feared they’d have too much influence - just like the Union Bears etc.
No i am not pissed in the alcohol sense!I was asking if you were the on of those calling them thieves mate thats all ?many on here did! and im sick of some on here who take the piss and deride some fans who invest their time to support the club (RAWA ect)your comment about the union bear thing didnt come across they way you wanted ..now i know ,the fuckwit crown can go back to smug and kildare who share it on a bi annual basis!

Last edited:
Eh so they genuinely have two groups once called Green Brigade and one called Union Bears? Fuck off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eh?

Celtic Ultras - Green Brigade

Rangers - Union Bears

What's funny about that? 😂
Christ. :lol:

What absolute lads they all are up there.

Fan culture in Scotland pisses all over anything in England.

Spartans in the juniors league has better organisation and togetherness than Sunderland tbh.

Last edited:
Eh?

Rangers - Union Bears

Spartans in the juniors league has better organisation and togetherness than Sunderland tbh.
I’m just blown away they’re the names mate. Not suggesting they don’t do a good job at what they do

Eh?

Rangers - Union Bears

I like how we started to use flags and banners again. Would hate it to end up like Rangers or Celtic mind, the Ultra thing is corny as owt.

Back