The Sol plans, incase these got lost within the smb section...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you think it could ever happen ? Upgrade the ground to 63000 if demand needed the capacity ? Would be fantastic if we had the team to fill it.Was there for Man.City '73 game 63000 +.Roker Park.
At you sure that was the crowd total for that game?...I was 12 And in the fulwell most squashed I've ever been!but I thought it was 53 thousand.

At you sure that was the crowd total for that game?...I was 12 And in the fulwell most squashed I've ever been!but I thought it was 53 thousand.
Believe nobody actually knew the correct figure for that night. Maybe somebody in the know would have the answer. In those days a lot of attendances were kind off undeclared ( directors perks etc ) My thoughts wer it was as i said 63000 +. I was in ROKER END.

Believe nobody actually knew the correct figure for that night. Maybe somebody in the know would have the answer. In those days a lot of attendances were kind off undeclared ( directors perks etc ) My thoughts wer it was as i said 63000 +. I was in ROKER END.
Stat cat has it at 51.192....

Do you think it could ever happen ? Upgrade the ground to 63000 if demand needed the capacity ? Would be fantastic if we had the team to fill it.Was there for Man.City '73 game 63000 +.Roker Park.

Don't see why not tbh. Stadiums keep getting bigger. Maybe not in our lifetimes, mind.

Can't see it. Even in the PL years we weren't selling out and IIRC we were giving away thousands of tickets every game. I think our core support is 30-35k, then add on a few Sky boys when we are in the PL.

Having said that, if by some miracle we got back to the PL and were competing top 6 (arf) then it's possible we could start attracting bigger crowds. Feels a long, long way off right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back