The SMB Theatre Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keawyeds

Striker
Morning All,

Having had a search I think the last theatre thread we had was closed so I thought I'd start a fresh one.
I was very fortunate to go and see Hamilton with Mrs K (no) in the West End on Friday.
Saw Bill Nighy outside too, which was nice.

Anywho, Hamilton is an absolutely belting show. How they manage as many shows a week as they do is beyond me. They must be knackered.
It received probably the fastest, and certainly most deserving, standing ovation I think I've ever seen.
If any of you are going, you're in for a treat.

Anyone else taking in a show soon?

Morning All,

Having had a search I think the last theatre thread we had was closed so I thought I'd start a fresh one.
I was very fortunate to go and see Hamilton with Mrs K (no) in the West End on Friday.
Saw Bill Nighy outside too, which was nice.

Anywho, Hamilton is an absolutely belting show. How they manage as many shows a week as they do is beyond me. They must be knackered.
It received probably the fastest, and certainly most deserving, standing ovation I think I've ever seen.
If any of you are going, you're in for a treat.

Anyone else taking in a show soon?

Hamilton tickets were my lass's (no) big Christmas present but we're not going until June.

Got Dreamgirls this Thursday

I do a lot of live theatre screenings at the Tyneside Cinema as I wouldn't possibly be able to see everything I want to see in London. They are surprisingly good, and with the close ups, this can often enhance performances.

I've got tickets to see Macbeth with Christopher Eccleston - I'm sure he'll be terrifying and Julius Caesar with David Morrisey and Ben Wishaw who are both fabulous actors.

I've got someone from the new Shrek production renting out my spare room starting next week so I'll ask her for some free tickets to the show :cool:

I do a lot of live theatre screenings at the Tyneside Cinema as I wouldn't possibly be able to see everything I want to see in London. They are surprisingly good, and with the close ups, this can often enhance performances.

I've got tickets to see Macbeth with Christopher Eccleston - I'm sure he'll be terrifying and Julius Caesar with David Morrisey and Ben Wishaw who are both fabulous actors.

A year or so ago Mrs K and friends went to see Miss Saigon transmitted from a theatre at our local VUE.
They said it was good, but not as good as seeing Miss Saigon in the flesh on Broadway in December!

I've got someone from the new Shrek production renting out my spare room starting next week so I'll ask her for some free tickets to the show :cool:

Nice! What character are they playing?
I went to Shrek at The Lowry last time it toured. It was the last night too and I had some pricks talking behind us in the first act. I waited until the interval and properly lost my shit with them.
Kinda ruined the second half for me to be honest.

Great show mind, just not if you happen to be in the proximity of kernts

A year or so ago Mrs K and friends went to see Miss Saigon transmitted from a theatre at our local VUE.
They said it was good, but not as good as seeing Miss Saigon in the flesh on Broadway in December!

Nice! What character are they playing?
I went to Shrek at The Lowry last time it toured. It was the last night too and I had some pricks talking behind us in the first act. I waited until the interval and properly lost my shit with them.
Kinda ruined the second half for me to be honest.

Great show mind, just not if you happen to be in the proximity of kernts
Not sure mate. She might be acting or she might be crew for all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back